Talk

Advanced search

piglet john? heating people?

(6 Posts)
hollinhurst84 Sun 15-Nov-15 16:05:59

Why is my heating blasting out?!
I have it set for certain intervals and right now it's on "don't come on unless it's below 5c"
Yet the rads are hot. Have just put it on manual over ride to see if that helps...
Sweating cobs here, it's 21c!

PigletJohn Sun 15-Nov-15 16:12:36

have you got a wireless stat?

Have you got a hot-water cylinder?

Turn down the boiler thermostat.

hollinhurst84 Sun 15-Nov-15 16:17:24

I'm DIY challenged but - it's a combi Ideal boiler about 8 years old and the thermostat thing is wired into the wall and it's a Honeywell one
Boiler has two controls one for water and one for burner, both are on number 5 (6 is mad)

PigletJohn Sun 15-Nov-15 18:14:41

if you have a wired stat and a combi, I think you need a boiler repairman. Use the boiler thermostat to manage the heat until fixed.

hollinhurst84 Sun 15-Nov-15 18:56:54

I have temporarily solved it by switching the thermo off completely and leaving the boiler on. It seems to make the rads blast out when I switch the hot tap on otherwise confused

hollinhurst84 Fri 20-Nov-15 09:36:26

Update. The boiler was firing even with the entire thermostat off
Diverter valve? Was stuck so that's been fixed and awaiting new thermostat. It's telling the boiler to fire every three seconds (helpful) so have switched entire boiler off unless I need hot water

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now