Talk

Advanced search

replacing halogen with led

(6 Posts)
WaitroseEssentialPancetta Fri 13-Nov-15 16:54:42

I've replaced all gu10 bulbs with led and they look great, the kitchen has different fittings though which I think is mr16 (low voltage). You can get mr16 LEDs now apparently but should I get them all converted to gu10s instead? If I'm doing it I should get them all done at once right? Mr16 seem very similar price to gu10.

SquinkiesRule Fri 13-Nov-15 19:17:42

We put loads of LED lights on our house Dh found them cheap and the blasted things keep dying.
So Dh has slowly switched each dead bulb back over to Compact florescent (candles mostly in the living dining room) We still have a few good LED ones that are going strong and I hope they last a long time for the price. The good ones came from B&Q Have a look if they have the right size.

WaitroseEssentialPancetta Tue 17-Nov-15 15:36:35

Thanks I found a load of cheap ones online, i was just wondering which is better out of MR16 and GU10 and if its worth the hassle of replacing or even legal if its a bathroom ceiling. Basically I'll do whatever PigletJohn thinks.

OneofTHOSEWomen Tue 17-Nov-15 15:48:37

Where did you get your LEDs from OP? I have 30 GU10s to replace, was going to bulk buy.

WaitroseEssentialPancetta Tue 17-Nov-15 16:47:53

ink{http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LN0RRZW/ref=mp\www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LN0RRZW/ref=m]]p}ss_a11_2?qid=1447778609&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=Lighting+EVER&dpPl=1&dpID=51h5t52rkbL&ref=plSrch these ones, there were slightly cheaper ones that worked out about £1.60 a bulb when lighting was on 3 for 2, I don't know if that's still on. eBay seems cheaper generally especially if you don't mind waiting for Chinese post. This type of bulb with weird square things in a circle is less directional and spotlight-like than the nicer looking ones with 3 clear lumps. I am not a lighting professional ...

WaitroseEssentialPancetta Tue 17-Nov-15 16:49:09

Make sure they're definitely all gu10 not mr16 before you order.. Glad I only got 10 to start with! Although if you had them put in yourself I guess you'd know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now