Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this the most bizarre house ever?

(54 Posts)
IShouldBeSoLurky Fri 13-Nov-15 11:06:01

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37247868.html

How do they live there? There are only two normal rooms! The un-kitchen. The room with a bath in it. Bonkers.

usual Fri 13-Nov-15 11:08:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rhubarbarian Fri 13-Nov-15 11:09:45

Is that the right link? I'm seeing a 3 bedroomed house with shower room upstairs and kitchen and living room downstairs. It looks like the bath is in one of the bedrooms which is odd but am I looking at the right house? The rest of it looks fairly normal.

firesidechat Fri 13-Nov-15 11:11:49

It has a certain style and not really my taste, although I like some of their things, but not the most bizarre by a long way. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some really out there examples that make this one look very normal.

firesidechat Fri 13-Nov-15 11:14:19

Ok the hall is a little odd in places - lots of vintage mirrors, but I assume they like vintage mirrors (so do I). The thing on top of the newel post is a little odd.

TanteRose Fri 13-Nov-15 11:14:17

What is an un-kitchen??

QforCucumber Fri 13-Nov-15 11:15:45

£625k shock

IShouldBeSoLurky Fri 13-Nov-15 11:16:35

I suppose the photos aren't doing it any favours. It just seems like a really, really odd use of space to me.

Tante-rose - un-kitchen = thing that purports to be a kitchen, but in which one couldn't actually cook a meal as it's so tiny and shit. Loads of new-builds have them. Sorry, DP and I call them that, I assumed everyone would know what it meant!

SoupDragon Fri 13-Nov-15 11:16:53

It's a little odd to have a bath in a bedroom but apart from that, I'm not really seeing anything else weird.

firesidechat Fri 13-Nov-15 11:17:31

They really should have extended the bathroom and put the bath in there and they obviously don't cook much.

howtorebuild Fri 13-Nov-15 11:17:35

They have a small kitchen, a small bathroom and tiny 3rd bedroom. They made the best they could, they had no room in the bathroom for a bath so put it in a bedroom, yes unusual you can understand why.

wowfudge Fri 13-Nov-15 11:18:23

Apart from having a bath in the master bedroom, I think it's quite nice. The most bizarre house was that creepy flat in Brighton crammed with lots of cream and white crap and a weird doll. Remember that?!

lordStrange Fri 13-Nov-15 11:18:50

ditto £625 shock

TooMuchRain Fri 13-Nov-15 11:20:00

It looks like it belongs to a single person who never cooks and likes baths more than bedrooms so is a poor use of space for a family, but not the most bizarre by a long shot

IShouldBeSoLurky Fri 13-Nov-15 11:20:42

Oh, and where is their fridge? Where is their washing machine? I think it's really weird.

IShouldBeSoLurky Fri 13-Nov-15 11:21:43

grin wowfudge - yes, I remember that one. Special.

ChipInTheSugar Fri 13-Nov-15 11:22:58

Oh - my fingers are itching to de-clutter and 'dress' the house for photos/viewings. That would be my dream job ignores state of own house

TanteRose Fri 13-Nov-15 11:23:20

My kitchen is about that size and DH and I cook loads! grin

howtorebuild Fri 13-Nov-15 11:24:05

The washing machine must be integrated. They must cook on the wood burning stove.

TheOriginalWinkly Fri 13-Nov-15 11:24:40

The price is shocking, my aunt left that area about 8 years ago, she sold an absolutely magnificent victorian 4 bed with a massive kitchen diner and beautiful garden for around 250k shock

duchesse Fri 13-Nov-15 11:25:14

Appliances are probably behind doors in the kitchen area. The furniture isn't laid out in a way that does the kitchen/diner any favours but it looks like a pretty standard house to me, with maybe some really crap photos on that site. And also massively overpriced.

duchesse Fri 13-Nov-15 11:26:40

You can see the hob in photo 7 on that RM page! I guess that's where they cook. My guess is that there's more to the kitchen on the right hand side of the bit that extends into the garden.

howtorebuild Fri 13-Nov-15 11:28:48

Maybe the move is under the stairs, see floor plan. I thought hobs should have space either side.

howtorebuild Fri 13-Nov-15 11:29:08

*oven

mumblechum1 Fri 13-Nov-15 11:29:21

It looks really cold and uncomfortable to me but not the weirdest house I've ever seen.

Can't bear the whole white walls/naff cheapo Ikea look myself <<old gimmer>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now