Talk

Advanced search

Stenciled Or Stamped Concrete Patio

(4 Posts)
kah22 Wed 11-Nov-15 21:22:06

After some extensive renovation I have now to finish off my patio. There seems to be three options available.

•The traditional slap
•Stamped or
•Stenciled concrete

I’m inclined towards the last two stamped or stenciled for: quickness, cost and design options.

Unfortunately I don’t know much about the advantages or disadvantages of either and would be delighted if members who have these type of patio finish would share their views and experiences with me.

I understand that stenciling works out cheaper than stamped but unless there is a major difference in price I could live with it.

As always many thanks for your replies

DickDewy Wed 11-Nov-15 21:30:43

You see a fair bit of stamped/stencilled concrete driveways where he have a holiday house in the U.S.

To be honest - I think it looks cheap and inferior and sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd rather leave it until I could afford proper slabs or block, but if I had to choose one option, it would be stamped.

kah22 Fri 13-Nov-15 13:13:57

Yes, this type of finish does seem very popular in America, Canada and Australia

I must say I haven't seen any finished product, at least that I'm aware of. I am told that a number of the larger McDonalds Use it. A suggestion, perhaps that it is hard wearing?

If I do go down this road then it will be something simple, cobbles or flags. Nothing flash

CaurnieBred Mon 16-Nov-15 00:30:52

Some people up our street had this done to their drive about 8 years ago. About 6 months after it was done they had to do some work to the water main which meant digging up part of their recently laid drive. It was then repaired with tarmac. So, 8 years later it still has a tarmac'd area. It looks awful. Are you sure that is your only option?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now