Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Letter Confirming Offer - Wording Help!!

(4 Posts)
Daffodil1210 Wed 11-Nov-15 15:47:05

Really hoping someone can help with this...

We're in the process of buying a house but buying direct from the vendor rather than through an estate agent. We've verbally agreed a mutually acceptable price following a survey and the vendor has now found a house and had an offer accepted. She has contacted us and said that the estate agent she is buying her new house through wants a letter confirming our offer on the house she is selling to us.

So a couple of Q's:
1) Does this sound ok? Or do we need to get a solicitor involved fir this?
2) If OK, any suggestions on the wording for said letter? We've still got to get an architect in to assess (lots of work to do on the property!!) so don't want to commit ourselves to anything other than what we've verbally agreed.

Thanks in advance!!

LIZS Wed 11-Nov-15 15:54:49

I would ask your solicitor tbh. What she is after is a memorandum of sale which is normally provided by the vendor's estate agent to the purchaser, confirming that she has accepted your offer, rather than the other way round.

lalalonglegs Wed 11-Nov-15 18:31:26

Dear xxx

I am writing to confirm that I have had my offer accepted by xxx for her property at xxx Rd. The offer is subject to survey but we hope to complete by xxx and my solicitors and a surveyor have been instructed.

Yours

Daffodil

However, since you could be anyone at all, I agree that it would have more credibility if the letter came from your or her solicitor on nice headed paper smile.

Dobbylugs Wed 11-Nov-15 21:59:51

We bought privately, we agreed in person then emailed to say Dear Mrs X I would like to offer £x for the purchase of (address of property) and she emailed back to say that she accepted our offer of £x for (address of property). Then we both appointed solicitors and they dealt with it as normal. Don't see why you need anything more than this really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now