Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone inspire me on fitted wardrobes please?

(4 Posts)
WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 11-Nov-15 14:08:24

We have fitted wardrobes in our house. I like them from a practical point of view. We live in a very old house and the walls aren't straight, and there's a funny shaped alcove, etc. So they make use of all the space.

They were here when we moved in and on viewing I said I hated them, 80s shiney pine. 14 years later we still have them!

I want something nicer but am struggling to find anything I like. I don't like mirrored, don't like dark wood, don't like pale wood, don't like gloss, don't like white, black or cream! grin

I'm thinking maybe a mid wood or even a painted wood, like grey? But am struggling to actually find anything.

Also would people recommend I go with an actual fitted wardrobe firm or are carpenter/joiner type people good for this?

Ive added some pictures of stuff which are about as close to anything I can think of. The wood one is from a wardrobe company but it's not quite right, too light I think? The grey one I like better but it's off Pinterest and I can't find it in real life.

CityDweller Wed 11-Nov-15 19:20:44

I'd go with a good carpenter. We had built in stuff made by one in our first flat and it was great - fit the space perfectly and the carpenter had really good ideas about how to make the most of the space.

dynevoran Wed 11-Nov-15 19:44:59

Yes definitely get something made by a carpenter. I know someone great I've used before in London who I recommended to another mumsnetter who would be perfect at this. The mumsnetter was delighted with what he did for her...if you are in London I'll send you his website and number.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 11-Nov-15 20:09:34

Thank you. Nowhere near London. Ive been recommended a village carpenter via the village FB page so will ring him tomorrow.

I'm hoping I can get two wardrobes for under 1k? I'm clueless about prices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now