Talk

Advanced search

What colour curtains to go with f n b Hague blue

(8 Posts)
Lousylo66 Tue 10-Nov-15 10:26:56

I've painted bedroom walls in a Dulux copy of f n b Hague blue (raven plume ) Just wondered what colour curtains to match with it. Any advice from those who have used it before ? Was maybe thinking of an olive green or brown. thanks in advance

tigerpug Tue 10-Nov-15 11:27:52

Ive just painted my sitting room this colour - love hague blue. The curtains will have to wait for a while but i was thinking about something with gold and greens. Ive got a cushion from bluebell grey in their saffron colour way and it looks lovely against the walls, so might think about that instead as i think they sell the fabric online.

Fun stuff!

Acer77 Tue 10-Nov-15 17:04:18

I like Mustard or acid yellow with Hague blue. Or a nice neutral linen... Search for Hague blue on Pinterest and you'll get lots of inspiration. It's a great colour. We have it in our hallway with slipper satin (also F&B) and it looks fab.

OnePlanOnHouzz Tue 10-Nov-15 20:19:03

I like crisp white bed linen with Hague blue - and white skirting and trims - so I would probably have white Roman blinds - then add a zingy throw on the bed to add interest ! But it depends what look you are going for ?! Fab colour though !!! Love it !!! So sophisticated !!!

CeeCee123 Tue 10-Nov-15 20:45:00

Oooo - I'm wondering the exact same thing as I'm going to paint my living room F&B Stiffkey Blue, or at least half of it. The other wall will be Cornforth White so I'm debating between light grey, dark grey, white or yellow curtains!

Kitsmummy Tue 10-Nov-15 21:14:02

I'd fancy long velvet curtains in either a matching blue, or poss deep red or a strong orange. I'd definite go with a dark, opulent look

Lousylo66 Tue 10-Nov-15 23:43:54

Thanks everyone for your suggestions Particularly like the idea of a strong opulent colour maybe mustard ? Also hadn't thought of a roman blind and like the idea of that. Seen loads of photoshoots on Pinterest but often the windows have no curtains lol so the look is quite dramatic. The blind idea could be a compromise. I think a lengthy trip to the curtain shop beckons tomorrow grin

puffylovett Tue 10-Nov-15 23:45:13

Acidly yellow or white smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now