Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used Neville Johnson for fitted furniture?

(11 Posts)
NickAngel Mon 09-Nov-15 09:26:03

I'm guessing, from the glossy brochure and the ads in Sunday supplements that it will be waaay too pricey. Has anyone used them? Are they any good?

OnePlanOnHouzz Mon 09-Nov-15 10:14:27

Had a quote for one wall 3.5m long to be fitted as library with tv cabinet built in ..... £25k !!!! Needless to say I didn't go with it !!!!

NickAngel Mon 09-Nov-15 10:31:54

Blimey! That's a shock, no idea it would be that much!

Screaminlikeabanshee Mon 09-Nov-15 10:34:15

Yep! glossy brochure etc, quote was way high for a fitted wardrobe (which basically fitting shelves against the wall!) crazy high, we declined.

wonkylegs Mon 09-Nov-15 10:34:52

Very very expensive my parents neighbours used them, we got something similar for our last house at a fraction of the price made by fab local joiner.

JimmyGreavesMoustache Mon 09-Nov-15 10:38:02

haven't spoken with Neville Johnson, but did call a similar sort of Alcove Furniture company for a quote last year

i nearly fainted, and found a joiner to knock me up something decent for one fifth of the Alcove people's quote.

Barabajagal Mon 09-Nov-15 10:40:09

We were quoted silly money for a fitted wardrobe/chests of drawers/dressing table - about £35,000 iirc. We fell about laughing and went with a good local firm who did exactly what we wanted for a fraction of the price.

DrMikeT Sun 15-Nov-15 14:41:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Butterbean123 Mon 16-Nov-15 17:09:17

A friend of mine had a kitchen from a company called Naked Kitchens. Everything they do is made to order and they also do furniture - could be worth taking a peep.

IShouldBeSoLurky Mon 16-Nov-15 21:51:20

That's hilarious. Who uses them at that price? Oligarchs with £squillion mansions in Regent's Park, presumably.

DrMikeT Sat 21-Nov-15 08:43:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now