Talk

Advanced search

Stove Fans

(8 Posts)
Samwelly Sat 07-Nov-15 13:13:51

We have got a wood burning stove located in a chimney breast recess. It seems to hardly throw out any heat as most of it gets trapped in the chimney breast itself.

We were thinking whether or not a Stove Fan would help? I would appreciate any advice from others who have got one.

The only fan we could get would cost £185.00. This is because there is only one on the market small enough to fit in the limited space above the log burner. It is a lot of money to waste if it won't make much difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Gatekeeper Sat 07-Nov-15 13:20:01

Eco fans are cheaper and quieter; seen both in action

a few different types here www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/277-7951455-9196935?url=search-alias%3Dkitchen&field-keywords=ecofan

Gatekeeper Sat 07-Nov-15 13:22:32

www.thermshop.com/SmartFan-Mini-p/sfm.htm

a friend of mine has this one and it is very good and looks nice as well

Gatekeeper Sat 07-Nov-15 13:24:22

as well as being small enough to fit the limited space between the stove and lintel

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 07-Nov-15 13:29:37

we just got one!

I was very hmm about them, but dh has been after one for years, he does love a gadget.

I'd say it's definitely warmer in here, it is ABSOLUTELY silent, that was another thing I did not believe, and it doesn't make a draught. If you put your hand in front of it you feel nothing cold, but not a draught either ....it's really very uncanny

We have the small Original EcoFan from Caframo...dh got it on ebay, new, for about £60,

Samwelly Sun 08-Nov-15 17:09:33

Thank you so much for your replies. Unfortunately, we have only got 17cm free space above the Woodburner, so wouldn't be able to get the fans you have mentioned.

It is good to know that you think the fans are effective however. I don't mind spending the money if there is a chance that it will make our log burner heat the room more effectively!

Gatekeeper Mon 09-Nov-15 08:15:26

sam post your problem on here

everyone on there is either a long time stove user with vast experience and/or very experienced stove fitters who will be able to offer alternatives

Samwelly Mon 09-Nov-15 09:24:48

Thank you for this link. That's brilliant. I will definitely give that a go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now