Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find navy paint for a wooden cabinet

(11 Posts)
grisclair Fri 06-Nov-15 19:05:34

I'm looking for a very dark navy colour to paint a wooden cabinet, preferably in a matte finish. The easiest option would probably be chalk paint but I'm not after a shabby look and also can't seem to find anything quite dark enough.

I've uploaded two pictures of the kind of look I'm aiming for. Any recommendations from the wise DIY-wizards of MN would be greatly appreciated! smile

Chapsie Fri 06-Nov-15 20:27:30

Little Greene hicks blue intelligent eggshell

Chapsie Fri 06-Nov-15 20:28:50

Basalt (little Greene) is almost black blue

F&B Hague blue also nice

I would use a good primer not s chalk paint.

Thesunrising Fri 06-Nov-15 20:31:27

Crown City Life from their 'posh' range. Nice and flat matt, fewer £££ than F&B.

MamaDuckling Fri 06-Nov-15 23:03:54

Watching with interest... Want this colour for my new kitchen units!

ConesOfDunshire Sat 07-Nov-15 22:59:02

LG Hicks Blue or F&B Stiffkey Blue.

MamaDuckling Sun 08-Nov-15 07:21:54

Can I thread share? Is there an even darker blue/black available?

lifesalongsong Sun 08-Nov-15 07:32:19

How have you missed all t Valspar posts on here smile.

You need to get to B & Q and choose from their seemingly 90 million shade cards and colour matching wizardry.

I got a tester pot recently to repaint something, the paint is nice and thick and the pots are a good size for a tester

Hiahia Sun 08-Nov-15 09:42:52

Little Greene just released a huge collection of new blues, including several very smart dark ones

ConesOfDunshire Sun 08-Nov-15 18:11:43

Good point, hiahia. I have the colour chart in front of me. Dock Blue and Royal Navy are REALLY dark, darker than Hick's Blue.

MamaDuckling Wed 11-Nov-15 21:47:35

Dock Blue is gorgeous. Really like Basalt too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now