Talk

Advanced search

Saying thank you to builders/architect

(7 Posts)
CeeCee123 Thu 05-Nov-15 22:57:48

I'm less than a month away from a 6.5 month total house renovation/extension. I have to say, our builders, particularly the guy who owns the (very small) company have been absolutely fantastic - very hard working, honest, decent, excellent quality of work and all of our neighbours have commented on how professional and pleasant they have been. Not to mention they have pulled out all the stops to get the project finished pretty much on time, despite numerous additional bits that got added in.
Our architect has also been exceptional. We retained her to help out during the building phase as well, and she has made the whole thing so much less stressful than it could have been - constant source of great advice, always available to us, popping in to check on little details, working brilliantly with the builder. The list goes on and on - not to mention patiently dealing with reams of emails and phone calls from me wittering on about every last detail.

I'd really like to say thank you to them both but I'm not really sure what would be best or appropriate. We've also spent all of our money on the project, so some sort of tip would be hard to do. Has anyone got any suggestions? Or is this just the American in me coming out and I should just give them a firm handshake for a job well done? grin

CeeCee123 Thu 05-Nov-15 22:58:38

Argh - should have said - I am less than one month away from the END of a 6.5 month project!

Youarenotthebossofme Thu 05-Nov-15 23:03:48

Well very soon they will have I imagine, a fair chunk of your money. So why don't you write them glowing references and let them take lots of amazing photos that they can put on their websites.

gabbybaby Fri 06-Nov-15 11:00:58

No help with the question, I'm afraid, but jumping on your post. I'm interested to know what people give their team of builders as a Christmas bonus! We're in the middle of a 7 month project, also with a great team of builders. The boss gets a chunk of money from the job, yes, but I expect the team (about 5 of them) don't get so much of it! So thinking money will be appreciated, but how much is appropriate for these guys who are in our house every day for 7 months, working really hard? And what to give the boss who is project managing?

CeeCee123 Fri 06-Nov-15 20:09:01

Any suggestions anyone?

sacbina Fri 06-Nov-15 20:34:44

At the end of the job we gave our two main guys £200 each. For Christmas we gave the company 2 crates of beer and a few bottles of good whiskey to take on their Xmas do.
Also gave glowing references and have shown a few prospective clients since

Marmitelover55 Fri 06-Nov-15 20:40:20

We gave our builders some beer and a personal small gift each plus we had a party with them as the vip guests. They have got quite a few jobs as a result grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now