Talk

Advanced search

Hall, Stairs and Landing Paint

(5 Posts)
Wombat87 Wed 04-Nov-15 10:33:19

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone's got any experience with something super tough to paint the hall stairs and landing in. It's an Eastenders style hallway so would like to go white (haven't got much natural light in there so need some brightness). I'm looking for something that isn't going to mark or dirty AS quickly as standard normal emulsion. Or at least is 'wipeable' when it inevitably gets grubby. There's so much out there I just don't know where to start.

I'm painting the new banisters also. I detest 'gloss' shiny wood paint. No offense meant by that, it's just personal preference...but am keen to try and get something that isn't going to get grubby. We're doing a loft extension so I don't really want to be repainting in a year just because I've chosen the wrong bloody thing.

All advice gratefully received.

wowfudge Wed 04-Nov-15 10:36:59

Leave it until the loft extension is completed - you'll probably end up having to redo it anyway.

RingDownRingUp Wed 04-Nov-15 11:30:07

Dulux endurance for the walls.

I've recently painted banisters and skirting with satinwood but I find that it does look grubby and is harder to clean than gloss. Rather regretting my choice.

Wombat87 Wed 04-Nov-15 11:55:03

wowfudge we're doing all the work now. I was indicating I've got a lot of staircase to paint. which I dont want to have to paint if I choose the wrong wood paint/wall paint

lalamumto3 Wed 04-Nov-15 12:02:37

Is there a dado rail or could you put one in halfway up the wall, that way you can have a slightly darker paint at the bottom and a lighter paint above. It also means you can repaint the bottom without having to do the whole job to freshen it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now