Talk

Advanced search

Bathroom - what comes first

(7 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Wed 04-Nov-15 09:45:43

Tiling and then fitting of loo etc? Just wondering as have dates for my tiler to come and wondering what needs to happen in which order.

I know I can ask my plumber/builder but at work so thought I'd ask here first - thanks!

bonzo77 Wed 04-Nov-15 09:59:07

Tiling first. Otherwise tiler has to tile around things which is harder. And leads to problems like not being able to remove cistern lids or open doors <bitter experience>. Also if in the future you need to replace something it's much easier.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 04-Nov-15 10:15:17

Thanks bonzo! I was hoping that was the case as tiler is booked for 23rd November and my basin hasn't arrived yet.

DoctorFunkenstein Wed 04-Nov-15 10:17:36

Uhh - correct in terms of basin and sink. Tile first then fit.

You will need to fit the bath to the wall before you tile around that.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 04-Nov-15 10:42:41

Sorry - should have said - it is a wetroom so no bath just shower, loo and basin.

DoctorFunkenstein Wed 04-Nov-15 10:50:23

Technically I'm not sure - it would depend on whether you are having a shower enclosure or not? I think in the same manner as a bath you would have to install the tray first and tile down to it, then install the doors etc.

If no enclosure you are fine to tile everything first.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 04-Nov-15 10:57:04

There isn't a shower enclosure so hopefully timings should work. Who knew there would be a 4-5 week lead time on getting a basin and stand delivered wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now