Talk

Advanced search

Harvey Maria flooring, and kitchen diner floors in general

(6 Posts)
loresho Tue 03-Nov-15 17:59:51

I'm finally getting the kitchen knocked through into the dining room. Bit stuck on the floor. The room isn't going to be massive (1920s London terrace), and I'm stuck on flooring. I like the patterned Harvey Maria floors - anyone have any thoughts on HM floors in general?
Or any other suggestions for kitchen diner? Will need to tolerate a child and dog (both frequently muddy).

Lebranic Tue 03-Nov-15 18:10:17

I have just had mine knocked through too, living in a dust covered building site at the moment, but I am so happy to not have a dark dingy kitchen prison anymore!
We have just bought some oak engineered flooring which is apparently suitable for kitchens as it's lacquered. Fingers crossed anyway!

SmellTheGlove Tue 03-Nov-15 18:39:05

I've just put a Harvey Maria (Neisha Crosland pattern) floor in my bathroom, and am about to put another one in my kitchen (Cath Kidston spot in stone). I was in a bit of a kitchen flooring dilemma too, as the kitchen leads off the dining room through a widened doorway (no door), but my dining room is the original floorboards stripped and varnished, so I couldn't have that in the kitchen too as there was only a concrete floor (well, there was 1950s Lino which had to be chipped off about a centimetre at a time but that's another story). I looked into Karndean but thought any kind of wood effect would look "off" against the original floor. I wasn't keen on the stone effect. Didn't want real stone/tiles as too cold! It's a small kitchen and quiet plain so I thought it could take an interesting floor! The HM floor in the bathroom is great - looks fab and really easy to clean. Only been done 2 months though!

Twittwattwoo2 Tue 03-Nov-15 21:00:24

We have the Neisha Crosland Parquet floor tiles in our bathrooms. I love them, they're warmer than ceramic and easy to clean. The tiler had never laid them before but managed ok.

loresho Wed 04-Nov-15 09:32:59

SmellTheGlove - good to know, thanks! yes, the warmth underfoot is pretty key! We're going for a fairly clean, white and plain look, so I think the Neisha Crosland Parquet would work well. (Funnily enough, we're considering the CK spot in stone for the bathroom!)

loresho Wed 04-Nov-15 09:33:57

Twittwattwoo2 thanks for the feedback. Easy-to-clean is a key consideration!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now