Talk

Advanced search

Aluminium and timber sliding doors / double French doors

(4 Posts)
etoiledemer Tue 03-Nov-15 10:26:19

I've seen lots of examples of windows that are aluminum on the outside and timber on the inside but none of sliding doors / French doors. Anyone have these?

If so, who was the supplier and were you happy with them?

Also, I know these things depend on spec but it would be good to know how much you paid so I have a ballpark figure to put in my project plan.

cressetmama Tue 03-Nov-15 12:37:28

My neighbour has something similar, and they are very nice, but IIRC they cost north of £10k for one large sliding door. They were made by a small local firm, and are generally referred to as composite windows. When I looked into it, before DH said he wasn't planning to spend that much, I found a company called Green Circle that I liked the look of, but it will depend whereabouts you are.

etoiledemer Tue 03-Nov-15 13:12:02

£10k shock. That's half our budget for our whole kitchen renovation project sad.

cressetmama Tue 03-Nov-15 13:33:35

It was a few years ago, and I think there are more suppliers now so maybe a bit more competition, but DH made the same faces as you! NDN's are about 11 feet across, floor to ceiling, and I'm sure the price was "five figures".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now