Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

moving house

(4 Posts)
catspaw2 Mon 02-Nov-15 13:16:40

Hi, I'm new to this, so hope you all can help with advice.
We live in the West Midlands and have put our house up for sale.
We would like to move to Devon or Cornwall.
We have now retired, daughter gone off to live with BF, so we are left with her ponies to look after, and we have our son with us who has autism.
Any advice on what it would be like, areas to look at etc.

specialsubject Mon 02-Nov-15 14:01:21

first thing is to get the daughter to sell her ponies as presumably you aren't taking them with you, and it sounds like you have enough to do.

second; do you know Devon/Cornwall? Friends and family there? Why there?

consider climate (big one down there...) and medical facilities, as well as all the other things you need and want.

catspaw2 Mon 02-Nov-15 16:26:17

We do like Devon / cornwall , we thought the climate would be warmer than the west midlands and it seems slower in pace.
The first pony is now 28years old, we have had him for16 years, I don't think we could move him on now.
We never thought our daughter would leave them. she is with an older man we don't approve of.
Our son helps to look after the ponies, he loves them.
I think we have spoilt our daughter.

specialsubject Mon 02-Nov-15 17:59:41

yes, well, no comment on that one.

you do know how much it rains in Cornwall due to the geography? It will probably be a bit milder but pick the right part of the West Mids (where I am also) and you get lots of sunshine. Except today, admittedly!

so you are planning to take these horses with you???? Not impossible but I would suggest not buying a house with loads of land just because you have a very elderly horse. If it is still alive by the time you move, find a place to graze it nearby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now