Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have you threatened to pull out to speed up process?

(8 Posts)
TrixieLox Mon 02-Nov-15 06:08:26

I won't go into detail but we've been seriously messed around by both our buyers and sellers with several promised exchange and completion dates that haven't transpired for a variety of random and ridiculous reasons. We lost patience Friday and said if no exchange by 4pm Wedn, we're pulling out. Now worried this will backfire, any experiences?

belindarose Mon 02-Nov-15 06:32:26

I wouldn't do that unless I didn't mind losing the house I was hoping to buy!

It's our buyers who are messing us around. New enquiries every week, dragging it all out when we want to be moving by December. We're ready to go with our purchase so really worried the buyer is going to drop out after all this fuss.

skippy67 Mon 02-Nov-15 08:37:43

I had a buyer do that to me. I said fine, I'll put the house back on the market, I knew the house would sell. Which it did.

Shutthatdoor Mon 02-Nov-15 08:40:42

Now worried this will backfire, any experiences?

Yes our buyers tried this. We said fine. House went back on the market and sold again straight away.

As pp have said. Don't do it unless you are willing to follow through.

RingDownRingUp Mon 02-Nov-15 09:44:37

We did and it worked but I wish we had actually pulled out on that particular house. The vendor caused no end of problems before and after we completed.

Hobbes8 Mon 02-Nov-15 09:57:06

We explained to our solicitors and estate agents that if we didn't complete by Christmas (2 years ago now) we might have to pull out, as my baby was due on Boxing Day and I'm self employed, so once I started maternity leave I would effectively have no income with which to get a mortgage. Basically if they'd credit checked us again we would have been screwed.

It worked, but we had to exchange and compete less than 48 hours apart, and I saw a Facebook post from our sellers calling us arseholes.

Nottodaythankyouorever Mon 02-Nov-15 10:27:13

We had buyers that threatened it. We did call their bluff. Put our house back on the market and it sold a month later. actually for more than tge original buyers were offering

ChilliMum Mon 02-Nov-15 11:59:31

What are the problems? We had a similar situation back and forth between solicitors stupid things (for example broken knob on large range cooker in fitted kitchen solicitors insisting we fix or remove I could have put it on free cycle and git rid of it same day but seemed really petty) so I called estate agents and asked them to call our buyers directly with my offer of solutions to all stupid issues etc. Buyers were happy we each instructed our solicitors and we exchanged 2 days later.

Sometimes it's the process not buyers and sellers that are the issue. Also if my buyers had said they would pull out we would have put it back on the market.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now