Talk

Advanced search

Ikea Busunge wardrobe - has anyone found a drawer or tray to go in this?

(6 Posts)
openthecurtains Wed 28-Oct-15 15:58:53

We have recently bought the Busunge wardrobe for DC2. It has two shelves at the bottom and I'd really like to put in a pull-out tray/drawer or something similar on the shelves as otherwise it'll just end up a mess, with things being lost at the back. We've had the Stuva before and that has a wire mesh pull-out tray you can fit as an extra but Ikea don't seem to offer anything similar for the Busunge.

Has anyone found something?

PigletJohn Wed 28-Oct-15 16:40:37

What are the dimensions?

openthecurtains Wed 28-Oct-15 19:34:11

Internal dimensions are 71cm wide and 48cm deep. Height is flexible as the shelves can be moved but I'm after something fairly shallow, certainly no more than 15cm.

PigletJohn Wed 28-Oct-15 21:42:37

you need an Inner drawer (Internal drawer). Internal means that they are inside the existing doors of your cabinets. Blum is a good make, or Hafele a bit cheaper. A few suppliers will cut the components to size for you, I have had that before but can't find them today. Browse through the listings. Measure the internal size of your cabinets twice, then measure again, as they will be made to measure and sent to you for assembly.

Have them a couple of inches less deep than the cabs.

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xblum+inner+drawer.TRS0&_nkw=blum+inner+drawer&_sacat=0

www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xblum+internal+drawer.TRS0&_nkw=blum+internal+drawer&_sacat=0

I think 150mm is the smallest drawer height.

PigletJohn Fri 30-Oct-15 23:56:31

I found the company I used. They list the drawers by the external width of the cab, and subtract the thickness of the sides plus, if requested, an allowance to clear the hinges on one or both sides, with a packer. They make them to your dimensions so if their customer service is any good, you could describe what you want. Have a look at their range of products.

try
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Internal-Kitchen-Drawer-Box-Standard-Soft-Close-450mm-D-x-87mm-H-Range-/321052290459?var=&hash=item4ac0352d9b:m:mkZSChmrE3xLtPzaEx6GuzA

I know another place that makes anything to any size in any colour, but they are quite expensive for small orders due to the carriage charge.

PigletJohn Sat 31-Oct-15 00:00:03

these are the bedroom ones

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bedroom-Drawer-Boxes-Ball-Bearing-Runners-400mm-D-x-150mm-H-Range-/221618211116?var=&hash=item792ebe5bc3

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: