Talk

Advanced search

carpet/laminate door strips?

(3 Posts)
movingonup2015 Wed 28-Oct-15 09:27:58

I have just ripped all the carpet up from my dining room and replaced it with laminate.
I have a section that goes into my living room (no door there - just an opening) and there is carpet in the living room.
There is carpet in the hallway and across the door from dining room to hallway was a double grip type carpet strip.

I now have to get two trim things that go from carpet to laminate - do I have to get one that has the grips on the one side like this one

www.diy.com/departments/diall-polished-gold-effect-aluminium-multi-edge-trim/161758_BQ.prd

or can I use one like this?

www.diy.com/departments/diall-carpet-cover-strip/152853_BQ.prd

I would prefer the latter as it looks like it holds the laminate down aswell rather than just floating over the top of it - plus my laminate is lower than the carpets but I don't know whether it has to have grips on the carpet end...

wowfudge Wed 28-Oct-15 09:40:32

You need a carpet to laminate door bar - double sided with one side for the carpet the other for the laminate. They are nailed or stuck to the floor in the middle.

specialsubject Wed 28-Oct-15 10:30:38

..and you can get them cheaper in Wilkinsons (if wide enough) or Screwfix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now