Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which Dyson to go for?? Hoovering while pregnant Help!!

(6 Posts)
editharnold Tue 27-Oct-15 15:17:45

Hi everyone

Me and my dh couldn't decide on which type to go for which would be easier now i'm pregnant.
the one at the top or bottom????

www.dysonrepairworthing.com/refurbished-1.html

PrimalLass Tue 27-Oct-15 15:58:46

What's the problem with hoovering when pregnant? <misses the point>

MiaowTheCat Wed 28-Oct-15 19:56:27

I have a knackered pelvis and hip as residual problems from severe SPD in two pregnancies and can't push a normal hoover without much pain at all... I've found one of those Dyson cordless jobbies absolutely fantastic and the only hoover I can use consistently.

The battery life on them IS shit (20 mins, 6 if you whack it up to max welly) but that suits me doing little and often, the weight of it means I can cope with pushing it around and it actually copes better than our normal upright with one very hairy brainless dog who has hobbies of licking where his balls once were and shedding fur.

GreyBird84 Wed 28-Oct-15 21:40:10

I second dyson cordless. I fact I tell everyone to get one esp pregnant people or people with kids!! Amazing & worth every penny.

SweetAdeline Wed 28-Oct-15 21:45:06

What was wrong with the answers on your other thread? (Or are you getting paid per link?)

ouryve Wed 28-Oct-15 21:47:15

We replaced out DC14 with a DC24!

The DC14 is sturdy and has a good, long hose, but weighs a ton. Easy to shuffle backwards and forwards with, really difficult to carry up the stairs (I dropped mine, trying, and the bugger survived!)

The DC24 is very small and a lot lighter. it reaches further under smaller gaps, eg under furniture. I can carry it up and down the stairs. It needs emptying more frequently, though and the hose doesn't reach more than halfway up the stairs. Also, if pregnancy is giving you problems with loose ligaments, the ball design can make it a little hard on your wrists, as it's quite unstable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now