Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Putting in a downstairs loo

(6 Posts)
BeverlyGoldberg Fri 23-Oct-15 20:17:28

We've just viewed a really lovely house that would be perfect for us however it doesn't have a downstairs loo and we have fairly elderly relatives that we would like to invite for dinner regularly, therefore a downstairs loo is a must for us.

There is a sizeable under stairs walk in storage space which I think would be be big enough for a small loo and sink.

How much do you think this would cost? Just looking for a ball park figure to see if it's do-able for us in the short term.

Thanks.

DickDewy Fri 23-Oct-15 20:18:37

It depends on how much drainage work there would be to do, but I reckon under a £1000.

OnePlanOnHouzz Fri 23-Oct-15 20:41:01

It's generally easier to put a loo in directly underneath the upstairs bathroom for easy plumbing but most importantly the soil pipe !

WaitroseEssentialPancetta Fri 23-Oct-15 21:02:01

Just had a quote for £1900 for this in central London (water and soil pipes already in place). I think that's way overpriced though.

Marmitelover55 Fri 23-Oct-15 21:10:07

We had this done 14 years ago. Sorry I can't remember how much it cost but we did need a saniflow type toilet due to drainage issues - you may need to consider that.

BeverlyGoldberg Sat 24-Oct-15 21:14:11

Thanks everyone. Going for another viewing to make sure it's big enough for a loo and set aside £1.5k in the budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now