loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another tedious worktop/flooring /wall colour/tiles thread, sorry

(10 Posts)
charlieandlola Thu 22-Oct-15 19:40:16

I am about to order a light grey Benchmarx kitchen

here

Nobody complain they don't like it as it is the only one my H and I can vaguely agree on, and the price/service from Benchmarx has been great.

It does however throw my worksurface choice of granite into some doubt due to £££

I don't think light grey goes with much so am now back to the drawing board with worktops/flooring/tiles and wall colour.

If only my H had agreed with my choice of cream matt slab it would have all been so much simpler.

thanks !

TreeBird16 Fri 23-Oct-15 12:27:45

Lovely kitchen. I'm also going with a grey kitchen although a few shades darker than your one. I think i'm going to put wooden floor in the kitchen. My husband isn't keen as he's worried about warping from leaks but as our washing machine isn't in there i'm not too worried. www.google.ie/search?q=grey+kitchen+floor&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIxI_6k77YyAIVSNYUCh059QJn&biw=1920&bih=955#tbm=isch&q=grey+kitchen+cupborad+floor

swillows Fri 23-Oct-15 13:01:18

We have just installed a grey Benchmarx kitchen - this one so not that dissimilar to yours. We just could not find a granite that we liked to go with it so we ended up with solid oak butcher's block worktop - the cheapest one from Worktop Express.

We've got this flooring

Waiting for the tiler to come and do the splashbacks in these tiles

myotherusernameisbetter Fri 23-Oct-15 13:17:03

Can you go for a grey cheaper granite or granite effect? Would polished concrete be an option?

I don't think the wood as shown in your link goes that well to be honest. You'd be better sticking to the grey/white/black pallet I think and add in colour either with your splashback or walls/blinds etc.

same goes for the floor - we have engineered oak flooring in our kitchen which I don't think goes particularly well with our cream kitchen but as the oak is all the way through the ground floor then at the moment we are living with it until the kitchen gets done.

I think either a soft bluey green might work well or burgundy maybe in terms of a colour scheme

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/farrow-%26-ball-estate-no84-green-blue---emulsion-paint---25l-043407

or

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/farrow-%26-ball-modern-no82-dix-blue---emulsion-paint---25l-481919

or

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/dulux-feature-wall-redcurrant-glory---matt-emulsion-paint---125l-433204

Lelivre Fri 23-Oct-15 13:46:52

A yellowy wood or bamboo worktop and a slate or dark grey or white tiles on the floor.

I have a chunky White Corian worktop on grey plain units and a natural (blonde) bamboo floor and I will probably go for white or marble tiles (can't decide as yet). As another suggestion slate worktops look stunning in a older style homes - mine is 60s and I didn't think it was quite right but nearly went for it.

bowsaw Fri 23-Oct-15 13:51:44

i like it with the wood like the demo on the site

myotherusernameisbetter Fri 23-Oct-15 14:02:50

as an aside, I only decorate my house in colours I look nice in smile it's really good for your self confidence becasue when you look in a mirror the reflected colour suits your skin tone etc it makes you feel better.

charlieandlola Mon 26-Oct-15 17:53:09

Thanks everyone I think after cogitating for the weekend, I am going to go with a sparkly grey darker granite worktop and then a grey oak laminate floor and then grey metro tiles ( yawn) with white painted walls.

Sounds all very grey tbh...

myotherusernameisbetter Mon 26-Oct-15 21:07:26

embrace the monochrome grin

I'd probably still want some accent colour somewhere, if not in the walls, then with accessories and maybe a nice roman blind or something.

DickDewy Mon 26-Oct-15 21:13:25

We have the same as swillows, but ours is Howdens.

We have solid oak work tops, they cost a bomb but was so worth it.

We have cream metro tiles, but I bet grey is lovely. Our walls are F&B Wimbourne White, as recommended on here by NoddyHolder (where did she go?).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now