Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Garden design help needed!

(9 Posts)
Mum2KSS Thu 22-Oct-15 16:12:09

We are in the midst of an extensive extension and house renovation at the moment and will be left with a 7m squared garden.

I would like to make this small space as practical and usable as possible and something that would work with 3 children and 2 rabbits who all have a passion for digging and destruction!

I love the idea of a courtyard garden and the picture i have in mind is a fully paved dark slate garden with a tall walled 7m x 60cm flower bed on the left side that is high enough for the rabbits not to be able to jump in and munch and a built in bbq and large rabbit hutch on the right hand side, this side will also have a gate for side entrance. At the front end would be a large patio dining table and 6 chairs.

There would be some large planters with exotic palm type plants so lots of greenery, and lots of pretty solar lights for the evenings.

How does that sound? would love to hear your opinion and ideas!

Mum2KSS Thu 22-Oct-15 22:49:06

bump

PolterGoose Fri 23-Oct-15 10:02:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mum2KSS Fri 23-Oct-15 12:07:20

Thanks polterGoose I think the border should be 1m so will go with that, I would like grass but these rabbits are just too good at digging and i hate keeping them cooped up in a hutch all day and its really nice for them to have full access to the garden and run around. A raised pond would be lovely, I love water in gardens smile

AGrinWithoutACat Sat 24-Oct-15 14:35:48

You could plant grass in low pots/trays for the rabbits to nibble without worrying about them digging large holes, the green colour would also look very striking against the slate

Mum2KSS Tue 27-Oct-15 11:56:41

Thanks AGrin that would look gorgeous - will post pics up when done!

specialsubject Tue 27-Oct-15 13:38:35

how much sun does it get? Hard surfaces need plenty or they get algae (slip, skid, crash).

what will be the flooding effect if you pave it all?

Mum2KSS Tue 27-Oct-15 15:41:34

Hi Special It does get sun during the morning and most of the day, also we have planned for drainage so water will not be an issue.

specialsubject Tue 27-Oct-15 16:10:55

good stuff. Sounds smart, enjoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now