Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend me a lovely palish green paint please?

(16 Posts)
FelicityFeline Wed 21-Oct-15 17:30:24

I am planning to paint the dining area of my kitchen - it is a large space with high ceilings (but modern style house). Currently everything is white. I am keeping the work area white but feel the dining area needs to warm up a bit. Have looked at farrow and ball but nothing grabs me. I would like a pale shade of olive, if that makes sense, to work with the olive colour in my curtains. My curtains are in the pic attached, so needs to blend with those and white ceiling etc. The room is north facing and not very bright. I plan to get a bunch of testers but dont have easy access to stores so would love to cut my searching time down, hence the request for recs. So think olive/sage maybe. Thank you!

Clayhead Wed 21-Oct-15 17:43:16

Jurassic Stone by Dulux?

cunningplan101 Wed 21-Oct-15 20:33:22

Teresa's Green by F and B?

cunningplan101 Wed 21-Oct-15 20:34:15

Ah sorry just re read your post F and B not grabbing you

evelynj Wed 21-Oct-15 20:40:08

Doh! Was going to say f&b green ground but you might be better getting a valspar colour match or some swatches-your olive is very vibrant so it Id try some v large samples on wallpaper before picking. Could you just get new curtains?!

LizzieMacQueen Wed 21-Oct-15 22:57:02

Another F and B suggestion, Hardwick White.

Devora Wed 21-Oct-15 23:37:26

Habitat do a nice olive - warmer and lighter than many of the olives out there. I've used it for my front room and it's very liveable with.

dynevoran Thu 22-Oct-15 08:32:20

I love dulux willow tree but would need to check a swatch against the curtains to see how well it fits.

BasinHaircut Thu 22-Oct-15 08:34:03

Dulux soft moss (5). Not sure green will go with those curtains though!

Brytte Thu 22-Oct-15 08:41:54

I don't think green will go with those curtains either. Sorry.

Bimblywibble Thu 22-Oct-15 08:55:13

I'd use valspar at b&q to match the green then go a couple of shades left along the line to get a lighter version. But to my eye the curtains are dominated by the bright red and they wouldn't work with light green. Could you pick out the orange or grey instead?

pinechesterdrawers Thu 22-Oct-15 11:52:28

no green advice but i think green will go with the fabric. thats just my opinion though.

i love wearing khaki jeans and hot pink jumpers or red tones, so why not in home decor?

i think the light green will "cool" the warm tones down. it will be a lovely combination of bold and soft.

ExitPursuedByABear Thu 22-Oct-15 11:54:05

My Kitchen is F&B String. A greenish tinge

FelicityFeline Thu 22-Oct-15 13:49:25

Thank you all very much for the suggestions. I think the dulux one might work, I think I need a greyish sage green. New curtains are not an options as they are already just new! smile i am trying to bring out the olive in the curtains, as I am not so keen on the red and pink tones. Picked on a whim. I am hoping green walls emphasise the green in the curtains, but maybe it will do the opposite! Food for thought, thank you!

Bimblywibble Thu 22-Oct-15 14:01:19

Crushed aloe and overtly olive are other dulux greyish greens, progressively darker shades than the jurassic stone. Crushed aloe was a bit too "in yer face" bright in our very light, sunny kitchen, but it might be just right in a darker room.

That hardwick white is gorgeous! I wish I hadn't already bought Overtly Olive for our kitchen...

Orangeanddemons Thu 22-Oct-15 14:06:18

Johnstones Aran. A beautiful very pale olive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now