Advanced search

My buyers pulled out and I'm devestated

(8 Posts)
Andcake Tue 20-Oct-15 19:12:56

Really just that moments before exchange so their legal right but it's ruined all our plans. Still don't know a decision from the people we are trying to buy from on how they will react which means I am a mess.
If it wasn't trying to hit primary school application deadline I would be fine but all I can think of is my son going to an awful school or having to change schools - he was a longed for child after years of infertility and I just want the best for him and to make friends as he is an only child.
I hate the woman eho pulled out and she's given no reason other than 'change in circumstances'
I'm considering let to buy just to hit the primary deadlines but would give me a bigger mortgage on the new place than I want at my age. Although have offers in principle.
Ea has done 2 viewings since it fell through and has 2 more on the cards I hate it all

lalalonglegs Tue 20-Oct-15 19:21:29

That's awful. You have the ltb option up your sleeve and, if nothing happens by the end of the month, you can go with it but, you never know, one of the viewers might put in an offer first.

Please don't fret about schools - even if you don't make the deadline, you can put in a late application and there is every chance that your child will get in in the second round of offers. And if he doesn't, changing school isn't the end of the world (my oldest did it, about half her class were non-reception starters by the time she got to Y4, it happens a lot, he will be fine).


LizzieMacQueen Tue 20-Oct-15 23:06:43

You have the ltb option

Do you mean BTL? LTB is usually confined to the Relationships boards.

Some funny site stuff going on tonight though!

Bearbehind Wed 21-Oct-15 01:09:40

LTB- let to buy - in this instance!

LizzieMacQueen Wed 21-Oct-15 09:11:05

Aha, sorry for the mis-interpretation.

Mawsymoo Wed 21-Oct-15 09:33:38

You have my sympathies - it has happened us twice. We are currently on our third set of buyers and hoping exchange is imminent (though I've been saying that for a few weeks). My stomach flips every time my phone rings and I see it's a solicitor or estate agent - it is all so stressful.

MummaGiles Wed 21-Oct-15 09:46:28

You have my absolute sympathy. It is incredibly stressful. Our buyer pulled out days before exchange and I was devastated too. We are relocating and trying to move before I go back to work from maternity leave in December, as DS needs to be in nursery in the new town. We got new buyers within 2 weeks and should hopefully be exchanging in time for everything to happen before December but it has been the most stressful experience I've ever had.

suzyrut Wed 21-Oct-15 10:04:24

No words of wisdom but sympathies here too. This happened to me in May and in the end it was so stressful we decided not to move at all. Happily it has all worked out ok but very different reasons for moving to you. If I was ever Prime Minister day 1 in office I would change the deranged house buying process in England it is absolutely shocking what people can get away with.

Will keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for you. Have you spoken to your purchase estate agents, do they seem sympathetic?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: