Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bio ethanol fires any good?

(3 Posts)
movingonup2015 Tue 20-Oct-15 12:16:11

I have a chimney breast in my dining room but its blocked up. I really wanted a wood burner but sadly funds wont stretch that far now and I don't want to go knocking a hole through the chimney breast so it's staying blocked up.

I have a fire surround but it looks quite odd without any form of fire in there. I cant have an electric one because the plug sockets are over the other side of the room and I don't have gas either (only for CH)

I have been looking at the bio ethanol fires as a nice alternative so that a) I have something to actually put in the fireplace and b) I can have real flames without having to worry about chimneys and flues and plug sockets etc.

I'm not particularly bothered about the running costs because it wont be used as a main source of heat just a nice compliment whilst we are sat eating in the dining room so won't be on for more than an hour a day I wouldn't have thought but I would still like to have some heat from there.

Does any one actually have one and do they look as nice as they do on the photos?

PigletJohn Tue 20-Oct-15 13:05:55

they create moisture. Someone will know the figures, but it is probably something like a litre and a quarter of water for each litre of fuel.

I am not in favour of flueless fires where you breathe the fumes, but it will probably not kill you. Gas and oil flueless fires are more worrying.

movingonup2015 Tue 20-Oct-15 13:31:22

yeah I did see the bit about creating moisture but I open all the windows in my house every day for ventilation so not massively worried and again will only be used maybe an hour an evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now