Talk

Advanced search

LADYWELL,LEWISHAM

(8 Posts)
Postchildrenpregranny Tue 20-Oct-15 00:26:22

DD flathunt now focused on this area.MNetters have been very helpful with advice on West Norwood and Sydenham
Any views ? Late twenties, single . Is it safe ? Interesting ? Community spirit?

welshHairs Tue 20-Oct-15 00:31:00

I used to live not so far from there and I loved it. The pollution is quite bad around there but I think that's true for all of London. I'm 28 so close in age to your dd iI think and I felt safe living there. I really miss it actually.

welshHairs Tue 20-Oct-15 00:31:58

Sorry for my overuse of 'there'! blush

babydad Tue 20-Oct-15 09:47:18

I live about a mile from Ladywell and would happily move closer if I could. It has everything you could want, great parks, independent shops, good schools and good transport connections.
Only issue is there can be quite a lot of traffic going through the centre as it connects onto Lewisham High Street.

IShouldBeSoLurky Tue 20-Oct-15 10:01:57

It's lovely. Villagey feel, a few nice cafes and shops, proximity to Blackheath, Greenwich and Deptford for more serious going out, fab park etched etc. transport links are ok. My only comment would be that it is very family-ish for a single 20-something. Is Deptford an option?

IShouldBeSoLurky Tue 20-Oct-15 10:02:45

Etched? WTAF?

dontcallmelen Tue 20-Oct-15 19:14:27

Yy pp traffic & pollution the only real downsides & safer than Lewisham which can be a little iffy late at night.

Postchildrenpregranny Wed 21-Oct-15 14:24:07

Thank you everyone . Don't think you can escape pollution in any city .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now