Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Removals South west London/surrey

(25 Posts)
Maplessglobe Mon 19-Oct-15 12:47:52

Hi there
Can anyone recommend a removal company in SW london or surrey?
Possibly one that does packing also... I only just found out that was a possibility and was wondering if you wise people would recommend this? haven't moved since straight after uni, this feels properly grown up
Thank you!

RandomMess Mon 19-Oct-15 12:59:06

BMS Transport

REally good, know several people who have used them.

bmstransport.co.uk/

Maplessglobe Mon 19-Oct-15 17:12:35

Thank you!

RandomMess Mon 19-Oct-15 17:44:28

Cheaper if you can move on a Tues/Wed/Thu and may be negotiable on price wink

yomellamoHelly Mon 19-Oct-15 17:49:30

Greenwoods. Used them twice. Fab both times.

Titsywoo Mon 19-Oct-15 17:54:37

James Removals. Based in South East London but we used them in Surrey. Really good and reasonably priced. They lend you boxes so you get your money back as they pick them up when you are finished and if you keep any you just pay for those ones.

Titsywoo Mon 19-Oct-15 17:54:55

They also do packing

Titsywoo Mon 19-Oct-15 17:55:49

With packing you do have to do the loft and bathrooms plus sheds yourselves by the way - I hate packing the loft!

RandomMess Mon 19-Oct-15 18:11:38

BMS offer a packing service. We relocated so we kept all our boxes.

Absolutely get 3 quotes because if nothing else one of them could be too busy to fit you in for your completion date.

Good luck!

FruVikingessOla Mon 19-Oct-15 18:13:25

Burke & Wills www.burkeandwills.co.uk/, they're based in SW London and they're brilliant - also do packing for you.

I know loads of people who've used them - and also was 'on-site' when they were doing packing for a friend of mine. I was totally impressed, as was she!

DorothyDove Mon 19-Oct-15 18:53:29

Don't know if they cover Surrey but these guys did a great job for us. Packed everything and really reasonable www.pauljacksonremovals.co.uk

Maplessglobe Tue 20-Oct-15 07:30:40

Thanks, everyone, that's really helpful. titsy we don't have a loft so that's good I guess.
In general, it sounds like people would recommend the movers who also pack for you? must remember to pack anything embarrassing in advance

suzyrut Tue 20-Oct-15 10:40:03

I've used Dracott and Fennermore a few times, they are based in Shepperton but cover the whole of south west London and Surrey. They do packing and were very thorough for a reasonable price. Each time it cost me about £150-£200 extra for packing, last time I went and had my nails done on moving day to stay out of the way. I would never ever pack myself again.

DaniAlvez Tue 20-Oct-15 10:47:21

Cooks Removals based in Twickenham. Moved me from Kingston to West Sussex. They were amazing... So helpful and efficient.
www.cookmovestore.co.uk/

RandomMess Tue 20-Oct-15 16:32:29

Make sure you have a really good de-clutter beforehand though wink

Maplessglobe Tue 20-Oct-15 20:55:46

Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes, random, been chucking out DCs' stuff when they're distracted decluttering for the last few weeks - the house looks amazing since the viewings started...

MatildaTheCat Tue 20-Oct-15 21:03:40

I second Greenwoods. They did a great job of packing and were incredibly good about a delay getting into the new house. Very reasonable, too.

Maplessglobe Tue 20-Oct-15 22:55:23

Working my way through these... Is greenwoods 'Alan greenwood and sons?' If not, could I have a link please?
Thank you. flowers

yomellamoHelly Wed 21-Oct-15 09:15:32

It is. www.alangreenwoodremovals.com/

Maplessglobe Wed 21-Oct-15 10:31:18

Thank you!

BreeVDKamp Wed 21-Oct-15 10:33:24

Gentleman and a van - they look fancy but they moved us from our 2 bed flat in Lewisham to our bog standard 3 bed semi in Surrey so not just for the Chelsea set! So professional and their picking skills were immense.

BreeVDKamp Wed 21-Oct-15 10:34:32

Packing

sparechange Wed 21-Oct-15 16:09:54

Ward Thomas were brilliant
Their packers were so quick, and nothing got broken, and they were super lovely to deal with (and very patient when I kept changing my mind about where things should go in the new place)
They were also the cheapest of the 'pack and move' services that we got quotes for

CityDweller Wed 21-Oct-15 17:00:52

Clockwork have moved us several times and are doing so again next week. Always been very happy with their services and always get them to pack for us -worth the extra few hundred quid.

Maplessglobe Thu 22-Oct-15 04:43:00

This is great, thanks, everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now