Talk

Advanced search

Selling an FTB property

(6 Posts)
dream75 Mon 19-Oct-15 12:12:43

My house is up for sale and the target buyer is FTB. If interest rates go up next year, will this make it harder to sell to FTB. I'm struggling to sell and trying to decide if to wait it out or lower the asking price and sell before the rates increase

wowfudge Mon 19-Oct-15 13:53:25

Have you had viewings? Any offers? If you've had offers why have you not accepted them? (I.e. Just too low, no mortgage in principle, etc.) What have other houses on the street/nearby gone for?

specialsubject Mon 19-Oct-15 13:53:51

it's already very difficult to get a mortgage so it can only get worse.

if you are struggling to sell - you are overpriced. Sorry.

dream75 Mon 19-Oct-15 14:50:49

No offers or viewings. I've lowered price but similar house in next road has lowered by a further 5k below mine so will have to lower again.

wowfudge Mon 19-Oct-15 15:51:14

No viewings is a sure sign it is over priced. You may need a different strategy if there is competition locally - e.g. Offers over/in the region of. The agent should be able to advise you.

Acer77 Mon 19-Oct-15 22:10:12

Interest rates rising will make it harder to sell full stop. It's bound to have a negative effect on the property market and slow things down.
I think if you are still struggling to sell it is time for you to contact these people www.channel4.com/programmes/take-part/articles/all/selling-houses

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now