Talk

Advanced search

Flat or sloped ceiling with skylights ?

(6 Posts)
Systine Mon 19-Oct-15 11:09:43

Hi i’m after some advice or guidance as I’ve been saving for years and don’t want to get this wrong, I’m planning an extension to my end terraced house. It will be 6 meters across the entire back of the property and 4 meters out. It will be single storey and south facing.

We've decided to go for a pitched roof (3.7meters max and 2.2meters min).

However what I am totally unsure of is what selling to have with the skylights.

1) Flat + sloped. Flat at around 2.5m and sloped to 2.2m.
2) sloped as the roof tilts.

What is your advice? Many thanks!

Systine Mon 19-Oct-15 14:11:52

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Systine Mon 19-Oct-15 22:00:36

Which ceiling did you use for your pitched roof? Thanks!

Spickle Tue 20-Oct-15 07:44:18

We've just had a pitched roof added to our extension and it meets the roof at a slightly shallower pitch (chalet bungalow). We decided to have veluxes put into the sloping ceiling rather than go with a lantern on a flat roof. The veluxes throw a lot of light into the room at a larger angle than a lantern would, but I think both options are great and as you're south facing, I assume it would be light enough whatever you choose.

SoupDragon Tue 20-Oct-15 07:55:40

When I imagine a similar extension across the back of my house, I imagine it with a sloped ceiling, no flat part.

Katz Tue 20-Oct-15 07:57:52

We have sloped with sky lights looks great and feels much bigger.

I'm still trying to work out 4 years later what to put on the old back wall where the roof connects to the building its a bug long rectangle and needs something - just not sure what!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now