Talk

Advanced search

What would you do with this house?

(10 Posts)
inmyshoos Sun 18-Oct-15 14:37:11

Dh loves this. I am not feeling the love.
What would you do to it to make it lovely? Anyone offer some inspiration? No idea how to link but will try!!

I found this property on the Rightmove Android app and wanted you to see it: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/44513719

RollingRollingRolling Sun 18-Oct-15 14:47:52

Change the fireplaces, redecorate/Change the light fittings/curtains etc, but looks just like cosmetic? The rest of it looks ok? Would you feel differently if the photos were taken with summer blue skies etc?

inmyshoos Sun 18-Oct-15 14:51:12

We would need to reconfigure to get a 4th bedroom. Probably taking space from the oversized bathroom. Hate that the dining room is a passage way to kitchen and lounge and that the kitchen is big but not big enough for a decent table. I like the original cottage but it is the layout I don't like.

wowfudge Sun 18-Oct-15 14:51:35

Without a floor plan it's difficult to comment on anything other than cosmetic changes. The bathroom looks huge in the photo but has two doors off it? One may be a cupboard.

AliceInUnderpants Sun 18-Oct-15 14:52:04

I like it. It has amazing space. I would keep the decor fairly neutral walls with maybe some lovely oak furniture. The carpets look in good condition but may need to be refitted. I'd paint the kitchen cabinets cream and change the lino to a darker colour. The bathroom looks too grey so I'd maybe put a sage green on the walls, or change the lino. The outdoor space is amazing but I'd probably extend the decking area at the back door. The living door doesn't look like it closes properly so I'd probably take the opportunity to replace doors throughout and strip skirtings back to bare wood. Obviously this is all money providing. It's actually in a great move-in condition.

What would you do with it? Do you think you could make it your home?

AliceInUnderpants Sun 18-Oct-15 14:53:01

Ah layout-wise I don't know. There is no floor plan.

lalalonglegs Sun 18-Oct-15 14:54:29

Without a floor plan, it's hard to say if it would benefit from a different layout but quite bland but nothing needs doing. It would look completely different with more interesting furniture/pictures on the wall/rugs on the floor etc. So it's hard to inspire - it completely depends on your taste.

sooperdooper Sun 18-Oct-15 14:58:10

It looks slightly dated decor wise but nothing major, with different furniture in and simply taking down the kitchen curtains to replace with blinds it'd soon look more up to date - I'd add more colour it looks quite bland but that's not anything difficult and the rooms are all a good size.

NorbertDentressangle Sun 18-Oct-15 14:58:23

Definitely has potential from what I can see. The rooms are a decent size which is always a good start.

If I had the money I would change the ugly extension bit on the left though and have something more in keeping with the rest of the house

inmyshoos Sun 18-Oct-15 15:58:42

The bathroom has two massive cupboards at each side in the eaves. If you removed these the room could maybe be split into a smaller bathroom and a 4th bedroom.
The little extension at front left is lovely and bright inside but ugly as hell outside. I wondered if that room (loungs could be split in two and that little ugly bit at front be changed to wood clad with french doors. Has just had new upvc white windows which I can't stand depite being practical!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now