Talk

Advanced search

Need advice: Move getting delayed and delayed

(5 Posts)
TrixieLox Sun 18-Oct-15 07:55:02

Hello, we're in a 4-part chain and have signed contracts for selling and purchase. We were told 23 Oct for completion a couple of weeks back but 6 Nov is now being suggested. However, the people at top of chain haven't even sent back their management pack having been sat on it for a month (I only just discovered this). In light of this, is 6 Nov even plausible?

I really need some advice of how to get this moving. I'm concerned it will slip into December which will be awful for us for a variety of reasons. My MIL said we should threaten to pull out and I am tempted... we sold our house in early June!

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 18-Oct-15 07:59:18

Speak to your solicitor and agent get them both pushing for information- apply pressure yourself.
Ours nearly fell through due to paperwork from buyers solicitor not being processed on time- I basically stalked them until it was done.
Hope it gets sorted so stressful.

potap123 Sun 18-Oct-15 08:03:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PurpleWithRed Sun 18-Oct-15 08:05:17

Where in the chain are you? you haven't exchanged contracts yet? when you say you sold in June you mean you're now in rented or are your buyers in your chain too?

It depends on your tolerance. Sounds like the people at the top of the chain are in no hurry - are they looking for somewhere to buy? what's their situation?

Set a fixed time limit for exchange, tell your solicitor that if you haven't exchanged by then you are pulling out, tell your estate agent the same thing and also go and look at some alternative houses (make sure your estate agent knows you are doing this, and do it seriously).

But don't make empty threats: give a fixed date for pulling out then do it.

TrixieLox Sun 18-Oct-15 08:10:22

Sorry, by sold I mean we found our (very patient) buyers. Our buyers are first-time buyers. Our sellers are buying off people who will be renting. So we're third in the chain (I think, if first are our sellers' sellers).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now