Talk

Advanced search

Patio - Buff ro Grey Paving?

(9 Posts)
evrybuddy Fri 16-Oct-15 07:19:55

We'll be laying a budget patio area in plain slabs.

The house is a combination of white render and red brick.

Only choices are Buff
www.diy.com/departments/buff-peak-paving-slab-l400mm-w400mm/35832_BQ.prd

or Grey slabs
www.diy.com/departments/grey-peak-paving-slab-l600mm-w600mm/65944_BQ.prd

I can't see much of a difference in the photos but I know Buff is 'yellower' - which would you prefer?

BigGreenOlives Fri 16-Oct-15 07:23:55

Do they have samples so you can have a look at both colors next to your house? Or can you buy single slabs & return them. Getting samples really helped us choose.

magimedi Fri 16-Oct-15 08:08:25

Buff - the grey is too much like pavements.

evrybuddy Fri 16-Oct-15 14:07:04

Thanks - we have the grey slabs elsewhere in the garden so are a bit concerned the buff might clash - we've seen both in the builders suppliers but not had samples home.

Plexie Fri 16-Oct-15 15:01:57

Don't know about the colour but the description says it's not recommended for patios:

"Ideal for utility areas and shed bases, not recommended for patios"

MiaowTheCat Fri 16-Oct-15 18:22:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

evrybuddy Fri 16-Oct-15 19:12:17

I wonder if sand tone is like buff?

It looks good in the shop but I have a hankering for brutalist grey - the smaller choices paralyse me!

"Ideal for utility areas and shed bases, not recommended for patios"

Ha ha - bloody typical!
Although in the 'Read More' section - it says not suitable for 'Feature' patios... I don't think ours would venture into 'Feature' territory - more 'as is' or functional - an existentialist patio - it simply is.

gingeroots Sat 17-Oct-15 09:03:12

Another vote here for buff .

Good value I think and honestly if it's ok for a "utility area" it's ok for a patio I reckon .

filigree2015 Sat 17-Oct-15 09:58:41

My patio is grey sandstone - Bradstone silver grey, with a darker grey little wall around it. I really like it - it goes well with the kitchen that opens onto it. A few flower pots add a bit of colour!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: