Talk

Advanced search

Patio - Buff ro Grey Paving?

(9 Posts)
evrybuddy Fri 16-Oct-15 07:19:55

We'll be laying a budget patio area in plain slabs.

The house is a combination of white render and red brick.

Only choices are Buff
www.diy.com/departments/buff-peak-paving-slab-l400mm-w400mm/35832_BQ.prd

or Grey slabs
www.diy.com/departments/grey-peak-paving-slab-l600mm-w600mm/65944_BQ.prd

I can't see much of a difference in the photos but I know Buff is 'yellower' - which would you prefer?

BigGreenOlives Fri 16-Oct-15 07:23:55

Do they have samples so you can have a look at both colors next to your house? Or can you buy single slabs & return them. Getting samples really helped us choose.

magimedi Fri 16-Oct-15 08:08:25

Buff - the grey is too much like pavements.

evrybuddy Fri 16-Oct-15 14:07:04

Thanks - we have the grey slabs elsewhere in the garden so are a bit concerned the buff might clash - we've seen both in the builders suppliers but not had samples home.

Plexie Fri 16-Oct-15 15:01:57

Don't know about the colour but the description says it's not recommended for patios:

"Ideal for utility areas and shed bases, not recommended for patios"

MiaowTheCat Fri 16-Oct-15 18:22:26

We went for a sand toned one recently for fear that grey would have too much of the aura of council pavements and its turned out beautifully, looks lovely and warm and inviting

evrybuddy Fri 16-Oct-15 19:12:17

I wonder if sand tone is like buff?

It looks good in the shop but I have a hankering for brutalist grey - the smaller choices paralyse me!

"Ideal for utility areas and shed bases, not recommended for patios"

Ha ha - bloody typical!
Although in the 'Read More' section - it says not suitable for 'Feature' patios... I don't think ours would venture into 'Feature' territory - more 'as is' or functional - an existentialist patio - it simply is.

gingeroots Sat 17-Oct-15 09:03:12

Another vote here for buff .

Good value I think and honestly if it's ok for a "utility area" it's ok for a patio I reckon .

filigree2015 Sat 17-Oct-15 09:58:41

My patio is grey sandstone - Bradstone silver grey, with a darker grey little wall around it. I really like it - it goes well with the kitchen that opens onto it. A few flower pots add a bit of colour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now