Talk

Advanced search

Shower not hot enough

(8 Posts)
BananaPie Wed 23-Sep-15 18:36:19

Anyone had any experience of this? We have a thermostatic shower valve - runs off the hot water rather than heating its own water. It doesn't get quite hot enough when the temperature is turned as high as it will go. The water runs much hotter from the taps. Any way of fixing this?

addictedtosugar Wed 23-Sep-15 18:39:26

Can you increase the temperature of the hot water? Be careful not to make it so hot the water from the other taps doesn't become scalding.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Wed 23-Sep-15 18:51:24

We had this problem with a new shower. The builder came back and adjusted a sort of screw on the mixing mechanism. I can't be more specific I'm afraid but it is easy to adjust if you know how. Might be worth a Google?

PigletJohn Wed 23-Sep-15 18:54:33

how long have you had it?

Was it always like this?

Have you got a combi boiler?

Is there a button on it?

Have you got the instructions?

ChunkyPickle Wed 23-Sep-15 18:57:36

Do you have shutoff valves that you can access (probably look like little screws set into the pipe as Twowrongs says) - horizontal to the pipe means they're shut off, parallel with the pipe means full on, if they're part way between then perhaps the hot water is restricted - turn it round to parallel (or close to if that turns out to be too much) and all will be well.

BananaPie Wed 23-Sep-15 19:21:40

It's about 4 years old, and has always been like this. We do have a combi boiler. No button. And no instructions!

There is a little hexagonal shaped hole underneath the bar on the same side as the temp control. I wonder if that's something to do with adjusting it.

PigletJohn Wed 23-Sep-15 20:02:12

turn it to max hot, run it into a bucket, time it to full, calculate how many litres per minute it delivers.

Then do the same with the hot bath tap.

How many lpm is each, and which is hotter?

BananaPie Wed 23-Sep-15 20:25:15

Thanks, PigletJohn, that'll be my project for tomorrow while the baby naps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now