Talk

Advanced search

Tonbridge Pre-schools and Childcare

(9 Posts)
Podkin2410 Tue 22-Sep-15 22:37:33

Hello, I'm moving to Tonbridge in November with my 2 year old daughter and 10 month old twins. I'll be working 2-3 days a week and will need childcare for those days. I don't really know the area well and I'd be really grateful to know if anyone has any recommendations for nurseries / preschools / playgroups (for my eldest daughter) and childminders / local nanny agencies (for the twins). Thank you!

Abbykadabby Wed 23-Sep-15 22:27:58

If I give to much detail on my situation I will out myself. Oaklands and Teddies are both well regarded nurseries. Google Tonbridge Childminders and you'll find the network where many of them are connected. Hilden Oaks actually has a nice pre-school/nursery offering. For the days that you are not working, there are some interesting pre-school options for when she's 3. Of course, it's a very personal choice and you'll need to meet carers to find what suits your your children and your situation. I imagine a part time nanny/pre-school option would be most cost-effective for 3 children, especially if you're 2 year old will soon be 3. Feel free to PM me.

MrsFlorrick Fri 25-Sep-15 19:58:01

I recommend Schools at Somerhill pre prep. Fabulous school. We recently relocated to Tonbridge and both mine are at Somerhill. My youngest has just gone up to reception and started in kindergarten there earlier this year.
I have met quite a few people who have children at Hilden Oaks and are really happy so that's another great option.
I can't help with nannies I'm afraid or potential places to look. I'm sure you can either advertise or find a local agency to help you out.
Good luck with the move. We love it here!

Podkin2410 Fri 25-Sep-15 22:14:31

Thanks so much Abbykadabby and MrsFlorrick for getting back to me - that's really helpful and I really appreciate you taking the time. We're making the move after fifteen years in London - fingers crossed it'll all turn out for the best!

MrsFlorrick Sat 26-Sep-15 00:12:21

We moved out here after 25 years in London. It's fab here! We all love it a lot. My 6yo DD asked me "mummy please can we never ever move from Tonbridge. I really love it". This was after an action packed day of play dates, park trip, the posh coffee shop and the local swimming pool with the outdoor heated pool so perhaps it doesn't count.

linspins Sun 27-Sep-15 08:07:34

Definitely check out childminders. My son had a lovely lovely one from the age of one until he went to school, just two days a week. She has now finished doing it, but I loved the home from home environment, the flexibility they had to do what was right for the day depending on moods and weather. If you find a good one, they will take your little ones out and about on tonbridge, to music sessions, soft play etc, and also have a rich learning through play environment at home. Plus sofas to snuggle on for a story etc. And quiet places to nap. Check out tonbridge childminders network.
We love tonbridge, it's a great place to raise children, there is every club and activity you could want from gym, to rock climbing, to canoeing, to ballet, althletics, etc! Hope the move goes well.

thejoysofboys Sun 27-Sep-15 08:18:03

I will PM you with the details of a great childminder. Tonbridge is a fab place to live with a family.

Podkin2410 Tue 29-Sep-15 23:54:36

Thank you very much linspins and the joysofboys - I think a childminder may well work for us. And good to hear lots of positive things about Tonbridge.

BudsinMay Mon 21-Mar-16 11:45:04

Once your eldest is 2.5 years old, it would definitely be worth looking at pre-schools. My daughter loves going and it would give you a bit of time with the little ones!

Paxtol Nursery School is amazing - they do so many activities with the children, even things like woodwork and baking, and they go out almost every day, as long as the weather isn't torrential, either to the playground or for a walk. They also go on loads of outings to watch the lambs being born and feed the ducks, and they have people who come in to show the children animals and talk about things like Easter. Their website is www.plaxtolnurseryschool.co.uk if you would like any further information.

For the little ones, somewhere like Barnies at the Hop Farm would be great. They have a lovely large yard and the little ones get to play with the big ones, which I think is great for younger siblings, as they really like playing with the older ones. Their website is www.barniesdaynurseries.com/ in case this helps.

Both are Ofsted outstanding and we have had really great experiences with them! smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now