Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen worktops

(11 Posts)
ColeslawSandwich Mon 14-Sep-15 08:45:21

I had posted this in another topic but it didn't receive any replies:

I'm completely bored with my kitchen worktops and am going to change them. the cabinets are a nice neutral off-white so our options are open.

What is trendy/funky at the moment in the kitchen worktop world?

Thanks

suzyrut Mon 14-Sep-15 10:11:47

I've just got some nice white quartz worktops which are cold like natural stone but more resilient. If I could have I would have had something that either was or looked like marble but it was still a bit out of my price range unfortunately.

I think it would depend on what kind of budget you've got. Have you tried looking at Houzz? It's great for inspiration

ColeslawSandwich Mon 14-Sep-15 11:48:49

Of course. I forgot Houzz. Thanks Suzy

MyBoysHaveDogsNames Mon 14-Sep-15 19:56:13

Carrara marble is very on trend. Silestone (a quartz product with a 25 year guarantee) comes in a variety of colours and finishes and includes many marble-looking products.

Grey tones are also very in at the moment.

Depends what you like though. Granite in different finishes is becoming very popular. Silver Wave granite comes in a leathered finish which is slightly rough and warm to the touch. I love it!

Marmitelover55 Mon 14-Sep-15 20:10:29

We have ivory fantasy granite with vanilla coloured units which I think looks good.

Alwayssunny Mon 14-Sep-15 20:31:51

Dekton

Ta1kinPeace Mon 14-Sep-15 21:00:21

I like my bamboo : its not trendy so it cannot go out of fashion

YeahWellMaybe Mon 14-Sep-15 21:03:45

I have Carrara marble and I fucking luffs it even tho it has loads of water marks etc

ColeslawSandwich Tue 15-Sep-15 08:13:51

Thanks all, I'm off to google these now.

VicklePickle Wed 16-Sep-15 12:37:51

Classic oak worktops look great.

Titsywoo Wed 16-Sep-15 14:13:54

I'm just having mine done and after lots of research am going for a mid grey quartz with a bit of mirror and a fleck in in. Quartz seems to be one of the most resistant and there is no upkeep. I love the look of wood but have heard awful stories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now