Talk

Advanced search

I CAN'T FIND THE RIGHT PAINT COLOUR! ARRGGGGHHH!

(18 Posts)
Titsywoo Thu 10-Sep-15 22:28:20

How hard can it be? Very apparently. I think I want something like this. Can I find it? Hell no. I keep finding things very similar but always a bit too dark. So annoying!

W00t Thu 10-Sep-15 22:38:06

Shame it doesn't say what it is!

It's quite changeable, isn't it. Almost green, then quite cream in other areas. What about F&B James white? or Tunsgate Green?

Scobberlotcher Thu 10-Sep-15 22:42:14

Can you take the picture to those paint matching places? See if they can make you up the right colour?
Or mis your darker one with white?

FriedSprout Thu 10-Sep-15 22:57:12

Contact housetohome magazine. I did this after seeing a fabulous green used in one of their pictures and they sent me the full details. In case they often use the same brand of paint mine was by The Little Greene Paint Company.

Millymollymama Fri 11-Sep-15 00:40:43

Strong White, Shaded White, Dimpse or Mizzle by F&B. The first two are greeny whites.

neepsandtatties Fri 11-Sep-15 19:47:44

Dulux Swansdown?

HereIAm20 Thu 17-Sep-15 19:54:01

It looks like Dulux Gooseberry Fool 5 to me

NattyGolfJerkin Thu 17-Sep-15 19:58:00

F&B old white is very similar

SwedishEdith Thu 17-Sep-15 20:00:50

F&B Pale Powder?

BoutrosBoutros Thu 17-Sep-15 20:06:58

I've just put Sanderson Willow Green in the hall. It's more green than white but is a similar shade - very fresh and calm and not too 'green'

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Thu 17-Sep-15 20:19:13

Maybe Filing Cabinet by Fired Earth.

endlessriver Thu 17-Sep-15 20:42:06

Hardwick White by Farrow and Ball is fantastic

lalalonglegs Thu 17-Sep-15 22:51:05

Looks like F&B Shaded White to me but the photo has been professionally lit and then enhanced on by the magazine designer which is why it is hard to pin point the walls' true colour.

DoloresLandingham Thu 17-Sep-15 23:34:49

On my phone so can't try it for you - but have you tried a reverse google image search? Might throw up the picture elsewhere with more info.

cashewnutty Fri 18-Sep-15 09:12:48

The wall the units are on looks very much like my kitchen. Units F&B White Tie and walls F&B Pavilion Blue. Are the other walls a different colour or is it just the way it is lit? We have F&B Dimity in our sitting room and it looks a bit like the other wall colour.

HereIAm20 Fri 18-Sep-15 09:23:22

This is my kitchen in Gooseberry Fool 5 by Dulux. The lighting makes it look a bit grey green but it is definitely a pale sage green

IAmcuriousyellow Fri 18-Sep-15 09:29:20

There's a paint company's website - Sherwin Williams - that has a function where you can upload a picture/photo and hover over different areas, it tells you which of their colours they are. Allowing for some bits being in the shade etc.
then you could get a sample.

CityDweller Fri 18-Sep-15 15:00:37

Another vote for F&B Old White. My mum loves this paint and has used it in many rooms in many houses! It changes from a relatively clean white to this sort of greeny-yellowy white depending on the light available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now