Advanced search

Everything is going wrong :-(

(5 Posts)
ozzia Tue 25-Aug-15 15:57:59

Surveys came back with moderate risk of natural ground instability - waiting to hear back if its underpinned

Found out that the property is covered by a covernance whereby we have to notify a company every time we extend (usually not an issue but we plan to do a loft conversion and a kitchen extension). This costs "a lot", waiting to hear more detailed information

Then to top things off, the gentleman at the end of the chain has passed away meaning............well I dont know.

I fell in love with what this house could be but god I'm so stressed sad

wowfudge Tue 25-Aug-15 16:21:12

Then walk away. Getting probate could really increase the timescales and the covenant could greatly increase your costs. Unless you are prepared to wait it out and accept your dream out may be out of reach for several years. When you say extend - is it any increase in footprint or anything which requires planning permission? If you could extend under permitted development rights and this wasn't covered (unlikely) it could be worth it.

ozzia Tue 25-Aug-15 16:26:16

We're waiting to see if the current owners will go into rented. I've emailed the company to see what the costs are like, what we want to do would be under permitted development.

Its only just come to light as all the contracts have come to us to get signed.

I'm concerned about losing our buyers if we go back to house hunting - I was hoping this would be our forever home. Current owners have been there 30 years and I can see why!

Desperately trying to think of anything else we can do!

lalalonglegs Tue 25-Aug-15 17:01:37

I think it is very unlikely that your sellers will move into rented and you might be doing yourself a favour if you pull out - there is no point proceeding unless you know how much you will be charged for extensions. Imo, the Chinese stock market could cause repercussions, at least in the short term, too (I'm feeling very relieved that I exchanged on an investment flat I am selling last week...).

ozzia Tue 25-Aug-15 17:09:24

If they don't want to then we will pull out I think as I suspect the chain will collapse if they don't. They were the ones originally suggesting that's what they would do so hopefully they will.

Just all feels a bit shit

Need some luck now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now