Talk

Advanced search

Moving to a Village between Leicester and Birmingham? Suggestions please

(2 Posts)
KerryGough Mon 17-Aug-15 09:55:07

Hello lovely Mumsnet peeps, we are about to start a big family move and we are looking for a bit of advice about areas. I have commuted for the last 12 years to Birmingham from Nottingham, largely because we have a lovely house in a great area for kid's schools, close to the River Trent and some great countryside walks and cycle routes in the forest. We are also spoilt with a leisure centre in the next village, a really great co-op (for all of those essentials that I forget!) These are just a few of the reasons that I chose to commute rather than move when I first took the job.

So I am torn about moving, so but know that it is the rational thing to do, particularly as my other half works in Leicester.

Another consideration we have is that we are a family of club swimmers, and so would want to join a swimming club with a Masters swimming section.

As for the house, we'd consider pretty much anything, so long as it's in an area that is able to accommodate the above and was less than a 50 minute commute from Leicester and Birmingham.

I started researching areas some time ago, but am having difficulty finding a match to what we have now.

I think I have just been spoilt so far, but anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thank you

todayiamfat Mon 17-Aug-15 10:15:31

Was hoping someone would have answered! Would love have a few suggestions too.

Bump!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now