Talk

Advanced search

Moving to a Village between Leicester and Birmingham? Suggestions please

(2 Posts)
KerryGough Mon 17-Aug-15 09:55:07

Hello lovely Mumsnet peeps, we are about to start a big family move and we are looking for a bit of advice about areas. I have commuted for the last 12 years to Birmingham from Nottingham, largely because we have a lovely house in a great area for kid's schools, close to the River Trent and some great countryside walks and cycle routes in the forest. We are also spoilt with a leisure centre in the next village, a really great co-op (for all of those essentials that I forget!) These are just a few of the reasons that I chose to commute rather than move when I first took the job.

So I am torn about moving, so but know that it is the rational thing to do, particularly as my other half works in Leicester.

Another consideration we have is that we are a family of club swimmers, and so would want to join a swimming club with a Masters swimming section.

As for the house, we'd consider pretty much anything, so long as it's in an area that is able to accommodate the above and was less than a 50 minute commute from Leicester and Birmingham.

I started researching areas some time ago, but am having difficulty finding a match to what we have now.

I think I have just been spoilt so far, but anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thank you

todayiamfat Mon 17-Aug-15 10:15:31

Was hoping someone would have answered! Would love have a few suggestions too.

Bump!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: