Talk

Advanced search

What to do with fridge?

(4 Posts)
concertplayer Sun 16-Aug-15 12:34:55

At the moment it is situated under a large shelf which currently holds a microwave and a toaster. The fridge must be replaced. If I buy a tall fridge freezer and take the shelf away then I will have to put the toaster and microwave else where using up valuable worktop space. A friend has told me to buy a new fridge -the biggest one possible - and then buy a mini freezer and put it on the shelf thus keeping the space
Any ideas? Thanks

wowfudge Sun 16-Aug-15 12:41:12

I don't really get what your friend means - do you have a separate freezer at the moment? If so, where is it? Having a mini freezer on the worktop still means you need to find a home for the freezer and microwave. How about putting the microwave on wall brackets? That's what we did to free up worktop space in a small kitchen. They cost around £20 from B&Q.

concertplayer Sun 16-Aug-15 13:30:48

What a great idea! I have a small fridge freezer which has had its days and is also too small. so there are 2 choices a one piece ffr or 2 separate bits
Thank you- I have had another look and there is space for a shelf on the wall in there Cheers

PigletJohn Sun 16-Aug-15 15:21:47

As long as you are tall enough to reach the top shelf, I think a tall FF is very useful.

Modern freezers have very thick insulation, so you may find the freezer cabinet is not as big as you expected, compared to your old one. Frost-free freezers also lose a bit of space at the back (they also go wrong more often, and cost more, but we all still use them).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now