Talk

Advanced search

Making polished tiles matt?

(5 Posts)
ColdMeatPlatter Sun 16-Aug-15 08:31:25

We have a large kitchen, back hall, utility and back toilet all tiled with cream porcelain polished tiles. Gorgeous when clean but impossible to keep. The guy in the shop tried to warn me but would I listen? 2 dc, another one on the way, a large dog and a new build with no tarmac or concrete outside yet, you can imagine.... even a good steam mop streaks them. Is there any way to remove the polished layer to leave matt finish? My life would be so much easier smile

Any suggestions much appreciated.

wowfudge Sun 16-Aug-15 11:05:33

Replace them. Are they ceramic? Anything else will just be temporary and look naff.

wowfudge Sun 16-Aug-15 11:06:09

You've already said they are porcelain - must get brain in gear.

ColdMeatPlatter Sun 16-Aug-15 11:22:59

Oh they will be replaced eventually, after we do the outside, the bathroom, the loft the list goes on. They're only down 2 years and they weren't cheap I can't justify lifting them yet.

blueteapot Sun 16-Aug-15 19:23:54

Id live with them but put down plenty of mats etc, our hallway was showing up lots of streaks etc with our toddler and thats what we did. You can then lift the mats and polish them all up for parties etc x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now