Minerva worktops

(8 Posts)
Koala2 Sat 15-Aug-15 09:55:24

Has anyone got these? Are they easy to care for and look nice? Am I mad to consider - if so what is better (not interested in granite or wood as sound like a lot of work to keep nice).

123rd Sat 15-Aug-15 21:27:26

I'm really interested in Minerva worktops. We have had a quote and it's quite ££hmm and I really want to make sure its worth it. I don't want wood or corian. What I really wanted was polished concrete but that's not going happen.

KanyesVest Sun 16-Aug-15 00:14:15

Sorry to butt in op, but 123rd, do you mind me asking why polished concrete isn't going to happen? It's a work surface I was thinking of.

123rd Sun 16-Aug-15 23:47:14

Two reasons really. I asked about 3 or 4 local tradesmen/ suppliers and they all pulled a face and said" oh, no. Can't do that. Sorry". It is also mega expensive and I heard you need stronger cabinets to support it... But it looks amazing. I will be very jealous!

KanyesVest Mon 17-Aug-15 20:54:39

Interesting, thanks.

Koala2 Mon 17-Aug-15 22:02:18

Have you decided what to get, 123?

123rd Mon 17-Aug-15 23:00:40

It's all down to budgethmm Minerva would be my first choice but it's a quarter of the final price of the whole kitchen. The chap was showing me some alternatives ...basically a thinner laminate. But it looked crap. Our builder has suggested Maia - I think that's the name. He reckons it's really good but I haven't had a chance to research yet.
Any other ideas??

Elmhouse17 Wed 15-Mar-17 07:08:50

Did you find out anything about the Minerva worktops? I'm trying to find out about how well these wear but there doesn't seem to be much out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now