Talk

Advanced search

Rendering quote

(8 Posts)
BasinHaircut Wed 12-Aug-15 11:34:27

I've just had a rendering quote for my 3 bed 1930s end of terrace in greater London. It also has a single storey extension so it's 3 sides plus extension, scaffold front and side. All in prices are £5900 for monocouche and £7k for silicon based stuff.

Anyone got any idea oif that is about right? Firm is properly registered, all workmen carry cards (whatever that means) 2 houses on my street have recently used them and the owner who visited last night to quote was v impressive.

I know I should get other quotes to compare but just wanted a sense check as this guy seems a v safe bet and I've seen his work first hand.

bilbodog Wed 12-Aug-15 13:15:49

why are you getting the house rendered? Just be aware that sometimes rendering can stop a house breathing and cause damp problems later on?

BasinHaircut Wed 12-Aug-15 13:26:31

Thanks Bilbo.

It's already rendered very very badly and is causing damp issues. It needs re-rendering.

nikki1978 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:55:21

Does that include the cost of removing old render?

nikki1978 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:56:08

Including the scaffolding it seems like a fairly decent price to me

bilbodog Wed 12-Aug-15 14:46:19

sounds like an OK price to me - scaffolding always adds a lot to any work these days but you have to have it for almost anything now.

BasinHaircut Wed 12-Aug-15 15:47:31

yes it's an all in price.

Thanks I thought it was a good price considering that it's 3 sides as we are end of terrace.

I budgeted £6k so I'm happy with the quotes.

Anyone have experience of the different types of render. I'm leaning towards the more expensive silicon one.

Marmitelover55 Wed 12-Aug-15 16:49:59

We have monocouche and I love it - looks very smart and shouldn't ever need painting smile. I don't know anything about the silicone one though sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now