Talk

Advanced search

I need some help deciding how much to offer on a house

(5 Posts)
Pantone363 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:45:19

We've been looking for 6 mtgs odd and this is the closest we've come to finding the 'perfect' house. Location is great, just the right size and loads of potential. Top end of our budget though.

House is £234995. Been on the market since end of March. Similar house sold in May for £213000, but it was slightly smaller.

Sellers position is that they and their elderly parents are both selling to buy bigger and move in together.

I don't want to link to right move as I have suspicions she was a MNER!

Bearbehind Tue 11-Aug-15 21:14:09

I think you've given enough details to be identified if the vendor is a MNer! grin

Based on what you've said I'd start at £215k and see what happens.

Northernlurker Tue 11-Aug-15 23:55:40

i'm thinking 215 maybe go up to 225?

pommedeterre Wed 12-Aug-15 13:42:27

I'd go 220 and be stubborn about moving up!

MrsPJones Wed 12-Aug-15 13:59:04

One thing I have noticed is when elderly people are involved, as long as they are not incapacitated, they have a figure in their head at which it becomes worth their while moving because they are attached to their home and only want to move if they will be better off, release enough cash etc. homes owned by old people I have seen sit on the market till the market has risen so it is genuinely worth the over inflated value they wanted to make their move worthwhile. I know the vendors here are not the parents but they may need a certain amount to get the size property they need to live with their parents. That may or may not be a realistic value.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now