Talk

Advanced search

Shoes. So many shoes.

(9 Posts)
winkywinkola Tue 11-Aug-15 14:07:48

We are a family of six. That's many pairs of shoes.

I'm looking for a storage system like a wall unit of sorts that will enable me to separate and store all our shoes.

I can't find much. Anyone else got the same problem?

Also bed linen galore. I need a another type of wall unit to store that.

Was looking at IKEA kallax but the cubes are too small really.

Please help!

wowfudge Tue 11-Aug-15 19:08:59

Can shoes be stored in the bottoms of wardrobes/cupboards on shoe racks? What about the large Skubb zip up storage boxes from IKEA for bedding, either under beds or on top of wardrobes if it's stuff that doesn't get used much.

Beds with drawers underneath or Ottoman style beds are prefect for storing bedding, towels, out of season clothes.

PuppyMouse Tue 11-Aug-15 19:26:32

I have a lot of shoes and we bought a half depth tall wardrobe shell from Ikea and some metal shelves (they sit on little rubber bolts that you can slot in anywhere down the side.) It stores a fair few and isn't too deep but makes them accessible rather than at the bottom of wardrobe or under bed!

Millymollymama Tue 11-Aug-15 20:28:46

Clear out some toys. Get under bed storage. Store in named boxes in a utility room or your hall. You could try wall hung cubes with doors. Lots of suppliers have basic wall cupboards like this which are part of storage systems or look at The Holding Company for ideas. Not sure if Habitat have anything at the moment.

I have bed linen in a chest of drawers on the landing. It is a tallboy and takes a surprising amount. The rest is in the airing cupboard. Any large chest of drawers would do or you could use any wall mounted cupboard with shelves. Bathroom tall storage units by Duravit would work. Two - side by side.

meadowquark Tue 11-Aug-15 23:22:51

Lots of Ikea fans on here smile I have Ikea acacia box under stairs. Not overly organized but fits lots of shoes.

PigletJohn Wed 12-Aug-15 11:21:02

You can get a hall cabinet for shoe storage. It looks like a shallow chest of drawers but when you pull a drawerfront it pivots down and there is a sort of tilting shelf. They usually have about three of these shelves.

There are some on ebay, they are sometimes sold in furniture places.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Wed 12-Aug-15 11:33:50

We have the 4x4 Kallax with the canvas inserts, you can actually fit quite a few pairs of shoes in each, e.g 5 or 6 pairs of mens shoes/trainers, loads of pairs of my sandals and flip flops. We are 3, sometimes 4, adults, so big shoes, (including 30+ pairs of trainers) and I was amazed how many we could fit in.

EarSlaps Wed 12-Aug-15 11:41:27

We just got a cheap over door shoe rack from Argos that lives in the cupboard under the stairs. Not attractive but means we can put the lesser used shoes there and just have a couple out each in the hall.

Those cupboards mentioned by PigletJohn are fab but a lot of them won't take shoes over size 10.

If I were you I'd get the shallow ikea pax wardrobe and fill it with shoe racks.

Gozogozo Wed 12-Aug-15 14:40:03

Ikea hemnes shoe cabinets. Take 2-3 shoes per opening slidey thing - per Piglet John below - & you can get 4 - 8 slidey cubbies. Effectively a console shelf on the top for keys, post etc.

Works extremely well, but will not remain new looking for v long. We replaced ours after 5 years. Certainly cheap enough not to mind that much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now