Talk

Advanced search

living in a shithole

(4 Posts)
dhisawanker Mon 10-Aug-15 19:51:10

I have been split up from ex or nearly two years and I'm finally moving on. My boys room is a shit hole. Punch holes in the walls, stains on carpet etc. I haven't got much disposable income so I will be doing it myself. I suppose I'm here for support. I just don't know why I let it get so bad. Anyone else?

Sunnyshores Mon 10-Aug-15 20:34:36

Life just gets in the way, dont worry about whats done . . . you can hire a carpet cleaner for the weekend for about £30, that'll really freshen the place up. Paint everything white (cheapest paint there is), its a start.

ChishandFips33 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:40:54

You've obviously been through a lot and had to put your children before yourself...this lets things slip past you - it's easily done by even the strongest of people; stop beating yourself up, let go of what is past and look to the future

Start small ^^ post is excellent advice

Are the holes in plaster or through plasterboard? The former should fill more easily

Let us know what you achieve; no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, it's a step away from your past

ChishandFips33 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:42:56

The thread about 'any landlords around' on this forum is talking about holes in plaster - might pick up some repair tips from that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now