Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom decor help-floral wallpaper?

(10 Posts)
camsie Mon 10-Aug-15 19:09:37

Hi, I was wondering can anyone help me with decorating a spare bedroom? I've chosen this wallpaper but it's proving a little tricky to match, as I don't want the pink to seem too Barbara Cartland-esque!

Already have cream curtains and a biscuity coloured carpet which I will keep. I've painted the wardrobe and chest of drawers an off white and painted the walls a taupe colour. It looks good but adding the trimmings has me stumped!

Any suggestions for new bedside cabinets, light fitting, bedside lamps, rug and bed linen? Medium budget, I guess.smile

Thanks!

dontcallmelen Mon 10-Aug-15 19:13:55

Maybe pick out the lemon or the pale blue, both would look pretty.

camsie Mon 10-Aug-15 19:36:53

Yeah, the lemon would be nice. What kind of bedding do you think would suit?

Thanks for replying!

dontcallmelen Mon 10-Aug-15 19:51:15

You could go either floral or plain, I usually have plain bedding & then you can add floral cushions or throw, depends if you are doing a feature wall with the pattern wallpaper or doing the whole room, if so then pattern bedding might be a bit pattern overload.

camsie Mon 10-Aug-15 20:18:55

I was thinking just a feature wall behind the bed. Would stripy bedding be naff?

dontcallmelen Mon 10-Aug-15 20:34:31

No dont think so I had floral paper in my kitchen with stripe curtains but would definitely pick out the lemon or blue for the colourways, & maybe stripey lampshades/stripey tie backs for the curtains, otherwise might look a bit random, when I'm looking for accessories I usually take a bit of the wallpaper/paint chart with me, find that really helps especially, when trying to pick contrasting colours.

camsie Mon 10-Aug-15 20:42:12

Good plan, I have a tendency towards randomness when picking stuff out!

dontcallmelen Mon 10-Aug-15 20:45:56

Lol me too, & made way to many impulse buys which didn't always work, found this helped a lot, have fun I love the finishing off part of decorating.

Belleview Tue 11-Aug-15 09:15:13

If you painted your walls taupe, use the pale blue for accessories. Lots of shades of blue go beautifully with taupe, very calm and soothing, yet a nice refreshing contrast.

camsie Wed 12-Aug-15 17:16:49

Thanks belleview, blue is nice in a bedroom. Time to start flexing the credit card, methinkssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now