Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had an issue placing an induction hob above a single oven?

(5 Posts)
sleepyhead Mon 10-Aug-15 17:10:15

Man in John Lewis indicated that this might be an issue and that their fitters may refuse to fit in this positionhmm

I'm in the market for a new oven and hob. No gas so want induction as next best option. The current hob is a shiteola Lamona solid plate electric.

The hob must go above the oven. There's no other sensible place to put either oven or hob anywhere else in the kitchen, plus I don't want the hassle of moving other units/extractor etc. This isn't part of a big refit - just replacing crap Howdens own brand appliances for decent ones. The kitchen was nearly new when we moved in 18 months ago.

What measurements do I need to check? JL man was annoyingly vague about the issues involved. Bit disappointed tbh - their customer service is usually better.

Not a disaster if I need to get a ceramic hob instead (at least I wouldn't need to replace my pans) as it would still be much better than what we currently have, but I'd got quite sold on the idea of induction and am so sick of it taking ages for rings to cool down. We had gas in the old place and I miss it sad

jolufc Mon 10-Aug-15 17:14:15

Move into our newbuild Friday. Our induction hob is above oven

annalouiseh Mon 10-Aug-15 17:27:19

Will depend on the worktop thickness and oven you have or are getting.
The Neff T40B30X2 plug in requires a min of 20mm worktop and 30mm space between the induction and oven underneath. See diagrams on link below
www.neff.co.uk/product-showroom/hobs/induction-hobs/T40B31X2GB.html?source=browse
Measurements will change per hob as the thickness of the hob changes per manufacture etc.
Shouldn't be a problem to do what you want. if in doubt ring the customer service of the company for the hob/oven you are looking at and explain what you would like to do.

duffcake Mon 10-Aug-15 17:28:00

I have an induction hob above two single ovens side by side. Neither the kitchen maker, electrical showroom where I bought it or electrician who fitted it made any comment.

It's a very normal place to put a hob.

sleepyhead Mon 10-Aug-15 18:21:40

Thanks all. Yes, I thought it was a very normal place to put a hob tooconfused

Thanks for the link and measurements. They wouldn't be an issue and Neff was one of the makes I was looking at.

I like JL for appliances because of the 2 year guarantee, but I guess we'll have to find an independent fitter if we go with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now