Talk

Advanced search

IKEA kitchen - filler pieces

(9 Posts)
Lambzig Sun 09-Aug-15 15:18:34

Just finalising the ikea kitchen from the planner to my shopping basket online. The filler pieces which are on my plan, don't seem to have ended up in the long list on the plan and I can't find them on the website. Are they not making them any more?

Also, Is it crazy to buy online without going in (builders have checked and amended the plan with me)? Would be tricky as I would have to take 2 and 5 year old DC with me in the short term future and I need it in a couple of weeks.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 09-Aug-15 20:37:37

Often fitters will use plinth material as fillers

TheUnwillingNarcheska Sun 09-Aug-15 21:35:13

Agree with One we had plinth used for a small gap, just cut to size when we had our Ikea kitchen fitted 2 years ago.

PigletJohn Sun 09-Aug-15 23:24:59

I don't know about Ikea, but plinth may be a different pattern or colour to the door fronts.

The should offer end panels, which are only slabs of laminated or veneered chipboard, but are usually made to match the doors (they are used on the visible sides of units that are exposed to view). A big one can be cut up by your installer into pieces to fill gaps, though it might be better to call the supplier and ask for matching infills.

Sometimes you can use Tray Space or Bottle Rack mini-units. The prices are ridiculous for what they are.

Ikea may use a non-standard laminate. Mine are made of an Egger board which are very common popular, and I found an ebay supplier who will cut to your choice and dimensions, which is handy for matching shelves. You can order sample pieces of Egger boards, I think I paid £1 for 3 samples to verify which one matched. There is probably a similar service for Ikea boards.

Lambzig Mon 10-Aug-15 09:28:57

Brilliant, thank you, that's amazingly helpful, will chat to the fitter today.

PigletJohn Mon 10-Aug-15 13:13:09

I found the link for the samples I got
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321307048718?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=510659060642&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and the co that cuts panels and shelves to your dimensions

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271892937025?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am sure there are other similar suppliers. Some laminate makers might send out samples free, or for P&P costs.

Cabs with shelves tend to arrive with too few shelves, IMO, so it is useful to have extra.

Lambzig Mon 10-Aug-15 22:31:09

Thank you, that's a very useful couple of links

Crimestopper Tue 11-Aug-15 13:54:48

Do any of these suit your needs?
www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/23614/

PigletJohn Tue 11-Aug-15 14:23:52

just the job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now