Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Aylesbury?

(2 Posts)
Dina1234 Sat 08-Aug-15 21:28:31

We're currently looking to move to a bigger house far far away from where we live but within a reasonable commute to london. Aylesbury came up as a stop for consideration. We're specifically looking for new builds were we can get a four bed for around £400 k (tight budget for many places I know). Specifically we just want something that isn't unbearably depressing and within driving distance of some good schools which Aylesbury seems to be. Ideally a semi decent hospital would also be desirable as I'm expecting number two (but that's a lot to ask from the NHS I know). Catchments etc. are completely unimportant (I've noticed a few people have noted this as an important factor is Aylesbury). Any advice?

CountingToThree Sun 09-Aug-15 08:05:44

Aylesbury is growing fast so should be plenty to choose from. The stations for London are on the sourhside - near Bedgrove, Stoke grange, Elm farm (Aylesbury parkway is just out of town on berryfields development).

Stoke Mandeville hospital is fine, has a midwife unit too. As with all hospitals, it can get busy with staff being overstretched.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now